PRAY AFRICA PRAY
YFCI AFRICA OFFICE
Area Director [AD]: Hilary Lewis-Nicol [Melrose]
- Thank God for committed people serving in YFC in Africa. Ask Him for the salvation and effective discipleship of youth across the continent.
- We are grateful for the way the Lord is providing for ministry in Africa. Trust HIM for enough funds and resources to do effective ministry.
- Glorify the Creator for many young people on this continent and the many open doors we have to communicate the Good News with them. Pray for wisdom for Hilary, as he leads YFC Africa.
- Entrust our need for full time administration staff in the Area office to the Father.
AFRICA LEADERSHIP TEAM [ALT]
Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, David Kadalie, EJ van As, Josue Akowanou, Koekoes van As & Anne Musya-Ngwiri
- Thank the Lord for willing members on the ALT. Ask Him for good health and that they will have a deep relationship with Jesus and will live a life of obedience to HIM alone.
- Honour the Father for safe travels and for keeping their loved ones safe in their absence. Continue to present the safety of their loved ones unto God.
- Trust our Provider for finances enabling them to attend ALT meetings and to visit the nations in their regions, also for safe travels.
- We are grateful for very productive ALT meetings late September in Denver. Intercede for the ALT for guidance, especially wisdom to implement all that was decided during the last meetings.
TRAINING DEPARTMENT & EAST INDIAN OCEAN ISLAND REGION
Training & Island Nations Director: David Kadalie [Denise]
- Glorify God for David’s willingness to serve as the training director. Intercede for wisdom for him as he handles the training department as well as his regional work
- Praise the Lord for a lovely time for David at GA recently. Trust the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Reunion, Seychelles and Comoros/Mayotte successfully also for enough funds and resources to do our ministry well.
- We are grateful for prayer and financial supporters, for both personal and ministry. Pray for guidance for David regarding mentoring of Ravo to take over the Indian Ocean Islands role.
WEST AFRICA ANGLOPHONE REGION
West Africa Director: Hilary Lewis-Nicol [Melrose]
Prayer coordinator: Bremansu Osa-Andrews
- Admire the Almighty One for a good time for Hilary in theUSA last month. Intercede for guidance to do effective pioneering into Togo, Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon.
- Thank God for the work of YFC in the West Africa Region. Ask Him to guide Hilary as Regional Director [RD], especially a person to take over from him.
- Exalt Jesus for collective partnerships in the region. Trust our Provider for everything Hilary and his family need especially transport for ministry purposes.
EAST AFRICA REGION
East Africa Director: Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Appreciate the Holy One for strong ministry across the East Africa Region. Trust Him for improvement in the areas that need it.
- Glorify our Father for a fruitful time for JB in the USA and Canada recently. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance for him as he serves on the International Board.
- Praise the Lord that Marina’s medical check ups is still good. Pray for spiritual and physical protection for the Mgarura family.
Francophone Director: Josue Akowanou [Prisca]
- Honour Jesus for a good time for Josue in the USA last month. Trust HIM for strength, health, spiritual growth and financial provision for the Akowanou family.
- Ask God for peace in Niger, Togo and Cote d’Ivoire and pray for protection for ND’s, their staff and families.
- Submit the need for more open doors for YFC ministry in all the Francophone countries unto the Almighty One and ask for wisdom for Josue as he interacts with the individual countries.
SOUTHERN REGION [SR]
Southern Region Director: E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Prayer Coordinator: Koekoes van As
- Honour the Father for lovely ministry opportunities in Southern Africa. Submit the need for full time national workers in Malawi, Botswana, Lesotho & Zambia unto God.
- Rejoice with us for a good time for EJ & Koekoes in the USA & Canada recently. Ask God for wisdom for our plans in the region for next year.
- Praise God for His faithfulness in providing for the SR office. Trust HIM for a full time secretary in the SR office, also for a fruitful visit to Malawi for EJ later this month.
- Appreciate the Everlasting King for committed people serving in the Region. Pray that the ministry of YFC will flourish in all 10 nations.
YOUNG LEADERS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Intercede for Anne in her role as Young Leaders Area Coordinator, for wisdom and guidance on this new journey.
- Pray that this 2 year program to develop young leaders will bear much fruit.
- Ask Jesus to empower the new graduates so that they will stay committed and multiply themselves.
- Trust our Father for African Young Leaders coordinators in all the countries YFC is working in.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY [GA] 2011
- We are grateful for the opportunity we had to gather during GA as a worldwide family.
- Praise Jesus for His provision towards GA, also provision for all who attended.
- Honour the Father for granting visas and giving us wonderful messages through all the speakers. Intercede for all to implement what they’ve heard.
- Glorify the Lord for safe travels to the USA and back and for good health during GA.
Operation Pioneer is an extensive pioneering effort by Youth for Christ Africa to pioneer 10 countries in the next 5 years and have them ready for chartering with YFC International after two years.
- Pray that an effective YFC ministry will be started in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros & Mayotte, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Reunion, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania/Zanzibar and Togo. Ask our Father to raise nationals up in these countries to spearhead the ministry.
- Ask God for wisdom for the countries or offices that are going to twin up with these 10 nations to develop a ministry. [Guinea Conakry – Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria – Cameroon, Benin – Central African Republic, Ghana – Togo, Reunion – Reunion, Kenya – Tanzania/Zanzibar, Rwanda & Burundi – DR Congo, Uganda – Southern Sudan, Madagascar – Comoros/Mayotte and Island Region Office – Seychelles.]
- We are grateful for funding that already came in for this project. Trust our Provider for more funds to execute pioneering in all 10 countries; trust Him that all the nations in Africa would be able to contribute towards this project. Submit also the logistical resources needed unto our Lord.
- Stand against every force of darkness withstanding the Pioneering Initiative and intercede for peace and stability in these nations.
PROJECT SERVE [PS] TEAMS TO AFRICA
- Ask the Spirit for guidance for the PS Canada leaders regarding sending international volunteers.
- Trust our Father for wisdom for al the leaders as they evaluate this year’s trips and plan for next year.
- A Project Serve team from YFC South Western Ontario in Canada is planning to come and do renovations at the one YFC house in Ndola in January. Pray for their preparations.
Graciano Viliengue [Elisabeth]
Carlos Monteiro – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God for some committed National Board members. Intercede for Board members, staff and volunteers for protection and to have wisdom, vision and good health.
- Admire the Father for His provision so far. Submit our material and financial needs unto Him.
- We are grateful for the opportunities we have currently to bring the Gospel to lost young people. Trust the Lord for good working relations with the local churches and also good cooperation with the parents of our volunteers.
- Some of our YFC Bie students experience problems at their Roman Catholic Schools. Ask the Holy Spirit to intervene on their behalf.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Central African Republic successfully.
- Honour the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Pray for them as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Appreciate the Lord for good ministry in schools. Trust HIM for much needed staff support and finances to cover ministry costs.
- We are grateful for a few committed Board members. Intercede for them as they serve alongside us
- Praise the Lord for the piece of land that we have. Ask our Provider to help us to develop this land into a training centre.
E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Koekoes van As – Prayer Coordinator
- We are grateful for the faithfulness of our Father and His protection upon us. Ask God for continuous protection upon the YFC properties, buildings, staff homes and vehicles and safe travels for all of us.
- Thank God that EJ, Koekoes and Em could have a good time in the USA last month. Trust the Lord of the harvest for a national director, office manager, ‘handy man’, a financial administrator and a driver for the Day Care’s vehicle.
- Honour our King for many opportunities that we have in spreading the Gospel among young people. Submit these youngsters unto Jesus so that they will accept Christ and will grow spiritually, especially during the upcoming holiday programs.
- Praise the Lord for committed staff, volunteers and National Board members. Pray that the Spirit will guide them in their daily tasks and that they will have a deep meaningful relationship with HIM.
Paul Kabore [Celestine]
- We are grateful for 7 board members. Ask our Father for funding to renovate our buildings.
- Pray that Paul and his team will be able to make YFC an instrument that transforms the young people of their nation into the image of Jesus Christ.
- Thank God that the radio station YFC is involved with is reaching many. Trust the Spirit to speak into the hearts of young listeners to change their ways.
- We are grateful for the smooth running of the primary education institution. Intercede for Paul, his family, staff, board members and volunteers, for physical and spiritual well-being.
Freddy Tuyizere [Marie-Josee]
Frederique – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Rwanda would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- Thank the Father for Builders without Borders who came to help with the construction of Gitega International Academy. Pray as they come back for the completion of phase 1 later this month.
- Glorify the King of kings for a lovely Staff Retreat in Bujumbura recently. Stand with us in prayer for enough finances to run our ministry.
- Honour the Almighty One for a fruitful time for Freddy and Marie-Josee in the USA last month. Entrust the completion of the National Office into God’s hands.
- We are grateful for all our partners from different nations across the world. Trust Jesus to send us for primary and senior secondary school teachers.
Contact person: Charles Ngwa
- Praise Jesus for Nigeria’s willingness to pioneer Cameroon. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Admire God for the opportunity we have to start working in Cameroon. Ask our Father for wisdom for ongoing ministry.
- Trust the Lord to send people to work with us.
- Pray for wisdom for the political leaders during the post-election time.
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC [CAR]
- Praise Jesus for Benin’s willingness to pioneer CAR. Entrust the re-pioneering process unto God.
- Ask the Father to send people to come and serve with YFC in this country.
- Trust Jesus for committed people to serve on the National Board.
David Kadalie, East Indian Ocean Islands Regional Director
- Praise Jesus for Madagascar’s willingness to pioneer Comoros. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- The youth of this small nation need our love and care. Ask for wisdom and knowledge for the people who are involved with youth work on this island, for their safety and all their needs.
- Honour the Father for N’s willingness to start with youth work here and for the effective training already done with some young people. Intercede for him, as he plans to visit Comoros for a 45 day ministry outreach.
COTE D’IVOIRE [IVORY COAST]
Alcide Gogo [Colette] Prayer Coordinator
- Exalt the Prince of Peace for establishing a new government. Trust the HIM for continued peace and stability in this country, also pray for wisdom for political leaders.
- Thank Jesus for faithful staff and some volunteers working in YFC under very difficult circumstances. Pray that we would be able to do ministry and that the office could be rebuilt after it was demolished in political unrest.
- Ask our Provider for safety and good health for staff and volunteers, enough funds for ministry, also personal support for all of us.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
Interim National Coordinator: Roger Vangu [Therese]
Celestin Mbungu – Prayer Coordinator
- Honour Jesus for Burundi & Rwanda’s willingness to re-pioneer DRC. Entrust this process into God’s hands.
- Our country is having presidential elections on the 28th, please pray that all will go well.
- Praise the Father for His presence in our ministry. Intercede for wisdom for Rodger in Kinshasa and for Levy in Goma and for a good working relationship with local churches.
- Glorify God for giving a lovely daughter to Rodger and Therese. Ask God for more volunteers and staff members also people who can serve as National Board members.
- We are thankful for the wonderful wedding ceremony for Celestin and his wife. Submit all our ministry needs unto the Lord.
- Praise the Lord for encouraging staff and volunteers through Bible study and prayer times. Ask the Spirit to guide YFC-E staff and volunteers, as they pioneer in Debre Ziet, Dessie, Duckem and Debre Berhan.
- Thank the King of kings for provision of partners and finances to sustain the ministry through fundraising initiatives. Pray for guidance for Board members, staff and volunteers, as they implement their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Honour the Father for fruitful visits from visitors recently. Bring the young people of Ethiopia before the Throne of Grace for justice and righteousness to reign.
- Glorify the Lord for every opportunity we have in spreading the Gospel. Intercede for Alem for a fruitful time in the USA.
Seal Sylvester Jammeh
Therese Jarjam – Prayer Coordinator
- The Adult Literacy Programme is doing well, ask the Spirit for guidance as the volunteers share the Good News with these students.
- Thank our Saviour for 40 young people who are regularly attending their Discipleship Group. Trust Him that the Sewing Centre will be successful.
- We are grateful for an effective Operation Hannah prayer movement. Submit our need for more sponsors for the children at the YFC Zoe Christian School unto Jesus.
- Thank the Father for the new classroom and offices at our centre at Fjara that is finished. Intercede for the prisoners that we are working with to grow spiritually.
Patrick Yin Mahama
Bremansu Osa-Andrews – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise the Almighty One for how far He has brought the ministry in Ghana. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Togo successfully.
- Thank God for the effective staff training in Bolgatanga. Pray that everyone will implement what they’ve heard.
- Admire Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving all over Ghana. Trust HIM for good office space to host the National Office.
- We are grateful that for ongoing computer training to Junior High School students. Stand with us in prayer for the completion of the Training Centre.
- Commit our plans to pioneer the Upper East region of Ghana unto Christ.
Jose Augusto Bedeslei [Eugenia]– National Coordinator
Emily Atkins [Jason] – Prayer Coordinator
- Intercede for staff, volunteers and board members to have a deep relationship with our Lord and ask Him for new strategies to reach youth.
- Praise the Lord for the progress that continues to be made on our solar power system and pray for continued safety as Jason is installing the most complicated electrical parts.
- As another semester draws to an end, pray for our students to understand the message of salvation presented to them and to respond.
- Exalt God for the 7 faithful men in our intensive 3 month discipleship school. Pray for their safety and health, and pray that they would see God’s power and experience Him in a new way.
Reuben Tamba Komba – National Coordinator
Mathias Teepa Bumie – Prayer Coordinator
- Continue to ask for a peace and stability in our nation and for wisdom for our political leaders.
- Exalt the Lord for granting us registration with the government and the Evangelical Churches and Missions. Pray that we would be able to pioneer Equatorial Guinea successfully.
- Rejoice with us for the lovely camp we had in Kindia and all the young people who gave their lives to our Lord. Submit our various groups into God’s Hands for wisdom as they prepare their end of year activities.
- Honor our Father for Isidore Goussanou who served faithfully for 5 years as a volunteer, he is leaving to Congo Brazzaville. Pray for him as he goes there for professional reasons also pray for Francoise Kourouma who is getting married later this month.
Grace Ojiambo [Fred]
Nyambura Kirubi – Prayer Coordinator
- Honour the Father for a lovely time for Grace and the team who are safely back after a lovely time at GA. Ask Jesus help Grace’s family in their time of mourning after her brother’s son died very unexpectedly.
- Thank Jesus for His provision and sustenance this past month. Trust God for enough funds to do our ministry well, especially the fundraising dinner on the 26th.
- Glorify God for continued favour, health and protection to staff and volunteers. Pray for them to stay in tune with the Lord as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Praise the Lord for faithful Board members and committee members. Intercede for them to stay committed in their service for our Lord in YFC.
- We are grateful for good sales of the Rehab Department. Ask the Lord for His protection upon our country after threats from Al Shabaab.
Gert van den Bos – National Director
Delrine Pritiviraj – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate the Father for faithful staff & volunteers serving together in Lesotho. Trust Jesus to provide urgently office space to us.
- We are grateful for our Provider’s faithfulness. Submit the leadership of YFC Lesotho into the hands of God, wisdom for Gert and the Board members, more members to be added and a national to take over from Gert.
- Thank our Master for a good Quest program. Pray that the on-going programs will bear much fruit.
- Rejoice with us for Bobo’s involvement with Shape day. Commit our preparations and fundraising for Youth Week unto the Lord.
Augustine Fredericks – Coordinator [Veronica]
Boniface Kolee [Sinnah] – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God for the successful start of a Bible Study Fellowship prayer program. Trust the Father with us for new committed National Board members.
- Exalt Jesus for visas granted to go to GA. Ask HIM for strength for staff and volunteers, as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Praise the Lord for many churches that want to partner with YFC. Intercede for Augustine for wisdom especially with the reshuffling of staff for 2012.
- Pray for wisdom for the political leaders during the post-election time.
Ravoniandro Maharavo Fetra (Ravo) [Lalasoa]
Clement & Sandy – Prayer Coordinators
- Extol our Provider for the promised 11 laptops for our ministry from donors in the USA. Ask the Father to help us in recruiting new local Board members in the various centres.
- Glorify the Lord for the potential help from a church to build a training centre in Madagascar. Trust Him for spiritual growth for those who made commitments to Jesus.
- Thank God for continued provision for our different ministries. Submit the new term and ministry opportunities at schools in Antsirabe, Fianarantsoa and Antananarivo unto God.
- Praise the Lord for keeping staff and volunteers committed to their calling. Intercede for the smooth running of the ministry in Moramanga in the absence of Jaona.
Contact person & Prayer Coordinator – Collins Machira
- Glorify our Father for some committed National Board members. Ask the Spirit for guidance for the Board regarding staff matters and for more members to be added.
- Praise God for a few willing volunteers serving faithfully in YFC Malawi. Pray for them as they are doing ministry and also ask for enough finances and resources to do effective youth ministry.
- Thank Jesus for the open doors we have in doing ministry in our country. Intercede for spiritual growth for the young people we’ve been able to reach recently.
- Honour the Lord for fruitful ministry at Kwale. Entrust EJ’s upcoming visit unto Jesus.
- Please pray for political stability in our country.
Jean Pierre Dabou [Adeline]
Emmanuel Dao – Prayer Coordinator
- Bring Jean Pierre & Adeline to the Lord for wisdom and pray for guidance for the way forward in ministry.
- Glorify Jesus for 5 young leaders who are committed to reach youth. Intercede for Mali YFC – for more full time staff, volunteers and resources.
- Praise the Lord for the freedom to evangelise anywhere even though Christians are a minority group. We have a huge unemployment rate among youth, please pray.
Cyril Palan [Monique]
Monique & Vicky – Prayer Coordinators
- We are thankful for a good time for Cyril and our Board Chairperson in the USA at GA. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with the regional office would be able to pioneer Seychelles successfully.
- Honour God for our National Board members. Trust Him for more commitment and for new members to be added.
- Glorify the Father for the newly established music team – Youth in Action. Intercede for the Saturday music training program to be successful.
- Praise the Lord for the completion of the basketball court. Pray for the training of players by a voluntary coach.
- Thank Jesus for the investment staff and volunteers made in the past. Ask Him for lasting fruit in the Sunday Club activities.
Albert Guambe – Acting National Director
Carlos Pedro Cumbane – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate God for the maintenance progress made at Bethel camp site. Ask Him that the borehole drilled by Agua da Vida would give enough good quality water for Bethel and the community.
- Glorify Jesus for food we could give at the JEC schools and for the clothes we distributed to orphans and vulnerables. Pray that Our Provider will provide enough food packages for the children to take home for use during the long holiday season.
- Praise our Father for some committed and willing National Board members. Trust Him to guide Board members, staff and volunteer as they reach young people, also for good health for them and their family members.
- Exalt the Most High for generous donations of sound equipment for the Gaza team. Intercede for the youth whom we work with to be obedient to God’s Word.
Stanley Beukes [Desiree]
- Honour the Lord for a good year of ministering in schools. Pray with us for all our students as they are busy with their year-end exams.
- Admire the King of kings for safe travels for all of us. Trust HIM for the right students for next year’s Short Term Missionary Training.
- Praise the Father for a lovely time in the USA for Stanley. Submit Summer Camp and all the need of it unto our Father.
- Thank God for His provision of camps at Hodygos training centre. Ask Jesus to fill the open spaces in November with the right campers.
Moussa Hamani Ali [Hadiza]
- Praise the Lord for 5 National Board of Trustees members. Intercede for them for wisdom and guidance as they serve alongside us.
- Appreciate the Father for volunteers and staff doing youth ministry. Ask HIM to guide them in such a way that even more youth in Niger will be reached.
- Trust Jesus for young leaders to be developed for ministry in YFC.
Bukola Coast Ufeli – National Director
Raymond Lamai [Naomi] – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Cameroon successfully.
- Honour God for His provision to YFC Nigeria. Submit the 25 secondary school students from Ondo State who are doing the Journey Discipleship course unto Jesus.
- We are grateful for active and committed Board members on National and State level. Intercede for the salvation of young people attending the Youth Alive Sexual Abstinence Programme.
- Thank God for many open doors for ministry across our country. Pray for wisdom and guidance for Tunde and the staff and volunteers as they are reaching out to youth in Lagos, a 14 million mega city.
- Glorify the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Trust our Provider for enough resources to complete the Aaye Training Centre.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Rolf Wiechardt [Liz]
Blessing Mpofu – Prayer Coordinator
- Honour the Father for a good USA tour for the Buyela team. Commit the 2012 recruitment to God.
- Exalt God for appointing the Rustenburg and Mafikeng centre directors. Entrust our 2012 ministry plans unto Him.
- Thank the Lord for over 100 teenagers in the Youth Alpha course of YFC Knysna. Pray for better premises for the Rock Solid Bible Study at YFC Poortjie.
- Praise Jesus for the 50% client increase and the new admin person at Options Calitzdorp. Submit their urgent ministry need unto HIM – ministry vehicle, copier/fax/printer and internet at the office.
Contact person: Jacques Bougault
- Praise Jesus for the Regional Office’s willingness to help with the pioneering in Reunion. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Trust the Spirit to guide Jacques and his team as they strategise about starting an YFC ministry in Reunion.
National Director: Dickson Azie
Sephora & Debra Prayer Coordinators
- Praise the Lord for a fruitful time for Dickson at GA. Pray that this project will come off the ground and for everything needed.
- We are grateful that we received full charter status at the recent GA in the USA. Trust our Provider for enough finances for ministry; for staff support, a vehicle and a permanent place for an office, also enough money to enable Dickson to attend GA next month.
- Thank Jesus for willing people serving as Board members. Intercede for them to stay committed and also for additional members.
- We are grateful for all the volunteers serving with YFC Rodrigues. Commit our prison outreach program unto the Lord.
Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Burundi would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- We glorify God for the successful Tent Makers Ministry who help youth to become self-sustainable. Trust the Lord for enough funds to do our ministry and for bigger land outside Kigali.
- Praise the Lord for a few more sponsors for the students at Kigali Christian School. Pray for more teaching material for the science and technology classes.
- Honour the Father for a lovely outreach where we reached 4 800 people with the Gospel of whom 43 received Christ as their Saviour and we trained 282 youth pastors from 14 churches. Intercede for these people to stay committed to our Lord.
- We are thankful that the women in the HIV/AIDS Self Help groups are doing well. Stand with us in prayer for these women to implement what they’ve learned.
- Praise Jesus for our 3 young leaders reaching youth. Pray for more full time staff and volunteers.
- We are grateful for some National Board members. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to more people who can serve as Board members and who will be committed to the ministry of YFC.
- Trust our Father for enough finances and resources to do effective ministry.
- Praise Jesus for YFC Mauritius’s willingness to pioneer Seychelles. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Abu S. Conteh [Janet]
Favour Conteh – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God for four street kids who have shown interest in going back to school. Pray for favor as we seek people who will accept and show them love in various homes.
- Salute Jesus with us for faithful staff, volunteers and board members who are going the extra mile to see ministry done. Pray for spiritual growth of 7 youngsters at Water Street in Freetown as they meet every Saturday.
- Appreciate the Almighty One for the mentoring process that is going well with boys from a school in Freetown. Trust our Provider for enough funds and resources to do or ministry well.
- Honour the Almighty One for the new ministry of Youth Guidance to physically challenged people in Kinema. Ask Jesus to help us as we meet some of their needs and challenges.
- Glorify the Father for the good elections we had. Pray for wisdom for the political leaders and a spirit of cooperation among the citizens.
- Praise Jesus for Uganda’s willingness to pioneer Southern Sudan. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
National Director: Bongani Dlamini [Khumbuh]
Khumbuh Dlamini – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise God for the Bible Society of Swaziland who are willing to let us put up a temporary office on their premises. Ask Him that this partnership will grow as we both reach the youth of our nation.
- Thank Jesus for the Methodist Church’s involvement during our time of need. Trust the Spirit for a fruitful 60 Days of National Prayers for Youth Initiative.
- Glorify the Father for a few National Board members. Continue to pray for more members to be added and commitment for all of them.
- We are grateful for the piece of land allocated to us in Matsapha. Stand with us in prayer as we prepare for hosting 2 teams early next year.
- Intercede for economical stability in Swaziland.
TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR
Ministry coordinator: Pascal Nyulahe [Esther]
- Praise Jesus for YFC Kenya’s financial input in YFC Tanzania. Entrust the pioneering process of Zanzibar into God’s hands, also favour with the government, as we need to register.
- Thank God for good ministry of the soccer team. Intercede for spiritual growth among YFC staff and volunteers.
- Glorify the Father for a lovely time for Pascal at GA. Ask the Lord to give us more full time staff and volunteers to serve in YFCT.
- We are grateful that the weekly Youth club is doing well. Trust our Provider for ongoing support; pray especially for the fundraising dinner early next month, also a place to use as an office.
- Appreciate the King of kings for the financial and prayer support that we get. Pray for the reconstruction of the National Board and for recruiting new members.
- Praise Jesus for Ghana’s willingness to pioneer Togo. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands so that a thriving ministry can start here.
- Pray for new leaders for YFC in Togo.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to the right people who can serve as Board members and ask also for full time staff and volunteers who can work in this harvest field.
- Trust God to open doors for us to do effective youth ministry.
Miriam Koote >
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Southern Sudan successfully.
- Glorify God that we could reach 1982 young people of whom 236 gave their lives to Christ and 279 pledged to abstain from sex until marriage. Entrust all who’ve been reached with the Gospel unto God.
- We are grateful for Timothy from Suubi Home who is doing well after an operation. Trust the Holy Spirit for guidance for ministry plans for 2012.
- Honour the Faithful One for a lovely time for Miriam, Matthew, Dickson, Mary and Philip at GA and in the USA last month. Ask HIM for enough funds and resources for our ministry.
- Appreciate the King of kings for 8 pregnant teens in our care who are doing well. Pray for more open doors for youth ministry in schools and communities.
Prayer Coordinator: John Kaniki [Florence]
- Praise the Lord for committed people serving as National Board members. Intercede for them for wisdom and ask for new members.
- We are grateful to the Lord for His provision. Ask HIM for more full time staff members, especially a person who can serve as ND.
- Admire the Almighty One for a safe journey to South Africa for Mike and Cynthia Stemmet and the fruitful time they had there. Trust the Lord of the harvest for mature Christians who can be trained as councilors.
- A Project Serve team from south Western Ontario in Canada is planning to come and do renovations at the one YFC house in Ndola. Pray for their preparations to come.
- Give thanks to God for peaceful elections and newly appointed government. Submit the post-election time unto God.
Susan Masuka – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate our Father for a lovely time for Sheunesu in the USA last month and for complete healing for his son Micah. Pray that the renovations done at the Willow Park campsite will be finished in time and that God will minister to the campers who are using this facility.
- Honour the Lord for the positive impact of the Soccer Mentorship club at Victoria Falls. Ask Jesus to help these mentees to implement what they’ve heard.
- We are grateful for all the programs being run at the Resource Centre in Bulawayo. Intercede for the staff and volunteers to guide the youth into a meaningful relationship with our Lord.
- Trust God for guidance for the political leaders so that we will have lasting stability.
Thank you for faithfully praying with us. We appreciate your involvement very much. Through your prayers you are an effective worker in His harvest field.
Greetings in Christ,
Koekoes van As
Africa prayer Coordinator
‘A long dispute means that both parties are wrong.’ Voltaire