PRAY AFRICA PRAY
Facebook – Pray Africa Pray
“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts.” Zechariah 4:6
AFRICA AREA OFFICE
Area Director [AD]: Hilary Lewis-Nichol [Melrose]
- Praise the Lord for safe travels for Hilary to the USA. Pray that his time there will be fruitful and pray for wisdom as he leads YFC Africa.
- Glorify God for many opportunities to share the Gospel on the African continent. Entrust the relocation of the Area Office to Accra, Ghana to the Father especially the shipping of stuff and new staff to serve in this office.
- We are grateful for the way the Lord is providing for ministry in Africa. Please trust HIM with us for enough funds and resources to do effective ministry on this continent.
- Thank the Father for committed people serving in YFC all over Africa. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Central African Republic successfully.
AFRICA LEADERSHIP TEAM [ALT]
Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, David Kadalie, E.J. van As, Josue Akowanou & Koekoes van As
- Thank the Lord for willing members on the ALT. Ask Him for good health for all of them.
- Honour the Father for safe travels and for keeping their loved ones safe in their absence. Trust God to provide finances enabling them to attend ALT meetings and to visit the nations in their regions, also for safe travels.
- Intercede for the ALT for wisdom and guidance in all they must do, especially to implement assignments from the last meeting.
- Pray that these men and woman will have a deep relationship with the Lord and will live a life of obedience to HIM alone.
- Pray for God’s leading and direction as we look for a suitable person to take over the Training Department.
WEST AFRICA ANGLOPHONE REGION
West Africa Director: Hilary Lewis-Nichol [Melrose]
Prayer coordinator: Bremansu Osa-Andrews
- Intercede for guidance to do effective pioneering into Togo, Senegal and Cameroon.
- Thank God for the work of YFC in the West Africa Region. Ask Him to guide Hilary in his position as Regional Director [RD].
- Glorify Jesus for His goodness towards the Lewis-Nichol family. Pray for the National Leaders that they find practical ways of raising funds to do ministry.
EAST AFRICA REGION
East Africa Director: Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Praise the Lord for allowing JB to get a visa for 3 months to the USA. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance for Jean Baptiste as he serves on the International Board of Trustees.
- Intercede for wisdom for JB to ensure that YFC ministry in DRC and Tanzania is established.
- Pray that he will be able to help the national programs to grow in skills and methodologies of youth evangelism and discipleship (good leadership, good governance and management of ministries, wider areas of youth outreach and good discipleship programs).
Francophone Director: Josue Akowanou [Prisca]
- Trust Jesus for strength, health, spiritual growth and financial provision for the Akowanou family.
- Ask God for peace in Niger, Togo and Cote d’Ivoire and pray for protection for ND’s, their staff and families.
- Submit the need for more open doors for YFC ministry in all the Francophone countries unto the Almighty One.
- Pray that the Father will guide Josue to be a role model and have a good relationship with the Boards and ND’s.
SOUTHERN REGION [SR]
Southern Region Director: E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Prayer Coordinator: Koekoes van As
- Glorify Jesus for some Johannesburg office stuff that could be sorted out successfully. Pray that the Spirit will guide EJ in his daily tasks, especially a schedule for visiting all the nations this year.
- Praise God for His faithfulness in providing for the SR office. Trust HIM for a full time secretary in the SR office, also for funds to serve the countries well.
- Appreciate the Everlasting King for committed people serving in the Region. Stand with us in prayer for the ministry of YFC to flourish in all 10 the nations.
- Honour the Father for lovely ministry opportunities all-over Southern Africa. Submit the upcoming Pioneer Conference in April unto God and pray that all ND’s would be able to attend.
EAST INDIAN OCEAN ISLAND REGION
Island Nations Director: David Kadalie [Denise]
- Praise God for David’s successful trip to Ethiopia. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Reunion successfully.
- We are grateful for prayer and financial supporters, for both personal and ministry. Pray that He will keep on providing everything the Kadalie’s need.
- Glorify Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving HIM on the islands. Trust HIM for good health, wisdom and strength for David & Denise.
- Appreciate the Father for a willing person who will cover the cost of printing David’s second book. Intercede for David, as he is the Conference Coordinator for the upcoming Pioneering Conference.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY [GA] 2011
- We are grateful for the opportunity to gather during GA as a worldwide family. Trust our Provider for the necessary funds to enable everyone to attend this very important conference.
- Pray that the registration process will function well and that there will be clear communication to all the nations.
- Ask the Spirit to give guidance and wisdom to all the organisers of GA and give the speakers His messages.
- Praise Jesus for His provision towards GA. Submit everything needed into the Lord’s care.
Operation Pioneer is an extensive pioneering effort by Youth for Christ Africa to pioneer 10 countries in the next 5 years and have them ready for chartering with YFC International after 2 years.
- Pray that an effective YFC ministry will be started in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, Zanzibar and Togo. Ask our Father to raise nationals up in these countries to spearhead the ministry.
- Ask God for wisdom for the countries or offices that are going to twin up with these 10 nations to develop a ministry. [Nigeria – Cameroon, Area Office – Central African Republic, Ghana – Togo, Regional Island Office – Reunion, Kenya – Tanzania and Zanzibar, Rwanda & Burundi – DR Congo, Uganda – Sudan, Madagascar – Comoros and Mauritius – Seychelles.] Pray that God will place a burden in the hearts of potential Pioneers/Missionaries who will commit themselves to serving in these nations.
- We are grateful for funding that already came in for this project. Trust our Provider for more funds to execute pioneering in all 10 countries; trust Him that all the nations in Africa would be able to contribute towards this project. Submit also the logistical resources needed unto our Lord.
- Stand against every force of darkness withstanding the Pioneering Initiative and intercede for peace and stability in each of these nations.
- Honour the Father for the progress made with organising the Pioneer Conference; speakers who confirmed, venue, website registered, etc. Submit the organising of this huge event from 8-14 April 2011 into the Father’s hands, the right messages from the Spirit to the speakers, also trust HIM for enough finances and that all the delegates would be able to attend – especially the granting of visa for those who need it.
PROJECT SERVE [PS] TEAMS TO AFRICA
- Entrust the development of YFC Canada’s World outreach department to God for wisdom & discernment to make effective long term plans.
- Ask the Spirit for guidance for the leaders of PS Canada, as they want to help even more in Africa, especially sending international volunteers.
- Please pray for YFC Southwestern Ontario PS as they begin to put together a team to serve in Botswana in July 2011, pray that God will bring together the right people and provide the resources to expand His Kingdom.
- Stand in prayer with PS leaders in the USA & Canada for guidance regarding sending out international teams to Africa.
Graciano Viliengue [Elisabeth]
Carlos Monteiro – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God for a committed National Board. Intercede for them for wisdom in their daily tasks.
- Admire the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Submit the need for office rent and staff salaries unto our Father.
- We are grateful for the opportunities we have currently to bring the Gospel to lost young people. Trust the Lord for more open doors in schools.
- Glorify Jesus for fruitful ministry of YFC in the Bie province. Ask God to provide a way out for us to put up a Training Centre.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Niger successfully.
- Honour the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Pray for them as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Appreciate the Lord for good ministry in schools. Trust HIM for much needed staff support and finances to cover ministry costs.
- We are grateful for a few committed Board members. Intercede for them as they serve alongside us
- Praise the Lord for the piece of land that we have. Ask our Provider to help us to develop this land into a training centre.
E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Koekoes van As – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise the Lord for committed staff, volunteers and National Board members. Pray that the Spirit will guide them in their daily tasks, especially a deep relationship with HIM.
- We are grateful for the faithfulness of our Father and His protection upon us. Ask God for continuous protection upon the YFC properties, buildings, staff homes and vehicles and safe travels for all of us.
- Thank God for all the opportunities we have during March, the Month of Youth Against HIV/AIDS in Botswana. Trust HIM for more nationals to come full time with us, also a national director, office manager, ‘handy man’, financial administrator and a Setswana speaking teacher at the Tapologo Day Care Centre.
- Honour our King that we can reach youth at the Drop In Centre, Kids Clubs, Abstinence clubs and at the Day Care Centre. Submit these youngsters unto Jesus so that they will grow spiritually.
Paul Kabore [Celestine]
- Pray that Paul and his team will be able to make YFC an instrument that transforms the young people of their nation into the image of JESUS CHRIST.
- Thank God that the radio station YFC is involved with is reaching many. Trust the Spirit to speak into the hearts of young listeners to change their ways.
- We are grateful for 7 board members. Ask our Father for funding to complete and renovate our buildings.
- We are grateful for the smooth running of the primary education institution. Intercede for Paul, his family, staff, board members and volunteers, for physical and spiritual well-being.
Freddy Tuyizere [Marie-Josee]
Frederique – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Rwanda would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- Thank the Lord for the 3 new kids in our care. Trust the Father for Claude’s body will respond to medication and that he will be in good health soon.
- Glorify God for good visits from St Michaels Church and Steven from GLO. Intercede for us for wisdom regarding building a secondary school in Karera.
- Praise Jesus for successful completion of the 2010 Young Leaders programme. Pray that these young leaders will make a positive impact on our nation’s youth.
- Honour the Lord for His provision. Entrust the funding to complete construction on Noah’s house unto the Lord.
- Praise Jesus for Nigeria’s willingness to pioneer Cameroon. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Admire God for the opportunity we have to start working in Cameroon. Ask our Father for wisdom for ongoing ministry.
- Trust the Lord to send people to work in this harvest field.
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC [CAR]
- Praise Jesus for the Area Office’s willingness to pioneer CAR. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Ask the Father to send people to come and serve with YFC in this country.
- Trust Jesus for committed people to serve on the National Board.
David Kadalie, East Indian Ocean Islands Regional Director
- Praise Jesus for Madagascar’s willingness to pioneer Comoros. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- The youth of this small nation need our love and care. Ask for wisdom and knowledge for the people who are involve with this island, for their safety and all that is needed to interact with youth.
- Honour the Father that Nirina’s trip to the Comoros was fruitful. Intercede for him for guidance as he pioneers the island.
COTE D’IVOIRE [IVORY COAST]
Alcide Gogo [Colette] Prayer Coordinator
- Thank Jesus for faithful staff and some volunteers working in YFC. Pray that the ministry to youth in schools and in the literacy classes will bear much fruit.
- Ask our Provider for enough funds for ministry, also personal support for staff and volunteers.
- Submit the monthly youth club to God for salvation and spiritual growth.
- Trust the Father for peace and stability after post-election violence broke out, also pray for wisdom for political leaders.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
Roger Vangu [Therese]
- Praise Jesus for Burundi & Rwanda’s willingness to re-pioneer DRC. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- We are grateful for the opportunities in some churches and other organisations. Trust the Spirit to help us to strengthen partnerships with local churches.
- Praise the Lord for His presence in our ministry. Intercede for Roger as he does his daily tasks, asking for wisdom and for open doors for ministry.
- Pray for enough funds to attend the Pioneering conference and to run the ministry smoothly.
- Submit our need for more volunteers and full time staff members unto God.
- Praise the Lord for His encouragement to staff and volunteers through Bible study and prayer times. Ask the Spirit to guide YFC-E staff and volunteers, as they pioneer in Debre Ziet, Dessie, Duckem and Debre Berhan.
- Thank the King of kings for provision of partners and finances to sustain the ministry through the different fundraising initiatives. Pray for guidance for the Board members, staff and volunteers, as they implement their day to day responsibilities.
- We are grateful for the work Fanaye Woldesemayat from New York did in the children’s ministry. Submit our need for a replacement person for her unto God.
- Honour the Father for fruitful visits from visitors from all over the world. Bring the young people of Ethiopia before the Throne of Grace for justice and righteousness to reign.
Seal Sylvester Jammeh
Therese Jarjam – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Senegal successfully.
- The schools ministry are growing, praise the Lord for that. Ask Him for more committed volunteers to help us on a weekly basis.
- We continue to thank Jesus for His support through our donors. Trust Him that the Day Care and Nursery Projects will be successful.
- Intercede for the young people in our community clubs to do God’s will for their lives.
- Pray that we will have much wisdom to take the ministry further in our country.
Patrick Yin Mahama
Bremansu Osa-Andrews – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise the Almighty One for how far He has brought the ministry in Ghana. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Togo successfully.
- Thank God for all the open doors we have to proclaim the Gospel. Pray that we will have new ideas to reach the youth of our nation effectively.
- Admire Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving Him all over Ghana. Trust HIM to supply all our needs for ministry, especially some office space for the National Office.
- We are grateful that we can give ongoing computer training to Junior High School students. Intercede for the pioneering process of a new YFC centre in Brong Ahafo Region.
Jose Augusto Bedeslei [Eugenia]– National Coordinator
Emily Atkins [Jason] – Prayer coordinator
- Thank Jesus for all the great work He is doing with the prison ministries. Intercede for the prisoners to be strong in the Lord.
- We are grateful for the Father’s provision. Trust the Spirit to continue to lead and empower staff and volunteers as they seek to share the gospel with every person in the country.
- Exalt God for a Youth Centre from where we can minister to the youth of our nation. Ask HIM for guidance, as this centre needs a solar power system.
Reuben Tamba Komba – National Coordinator
Mathias Teepa Bumie – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate the Prince of peace for some level of peace in our country. Pray for the new government and the President so that peace and stability wiil come to our country.
- We are grateful to God for faithfully providing for YFC Guinea over the past month. Pray for our pursuit of government registration – the documents were forwarded to the Minister of Internal Affairs.
- Exalt the Lord for a few faithful Board members. Intercede for them, also for new committed members.
- Admire the Father for His guidance, provision and protection for each volunteer and staff member. Submit our various ministries before the Father so that many youth will enter the Kingdom.
Grace Ojiambo [Fred]
- Honour the Father for the successful recruitment of 20 new volunteers as well as the training done for them at the Kibera chapter. Pray for the upcoming mission to Bungoma by this chapter group.
- Thank Jesus for the life-changing ministry being done at the Rehab Centre. Trust God for a person to take charge of the Nakura area office.
- Glorify God for the overwhelming sponsorship received for the boys at Taraja Home. Stand with us in prayer for a bus to transport the boys to and from school.
- We are thankful for the faithful prayer support we receive from our prayer partners and the Operation Hannah Team. Pray that these women will be faithful in their calling to bring young people to God.
- Praise the Lord for faithful Board members and committee members. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Tanzania/ Zanzibar successfully.
Gert van den Bos – National Director
Delrine Pritiviraj – Prayer coordinator
- Glorify God for the new Dutch volunteers who arrived recently. Pray that they will settle quickly into life in Lesotho and will be used by God in a special way.
- We are grateful for every opportunity we have to present the Gospel to youth. Submit the leadership of YFC Lesotho into the hands of God, wisdom for Gert and the Board members, more members to be added and a national to take over from Gert.
- Thank our Master for His faithfulness. Trust Jesus for enough finances to cover all ministry costs.
- Appreciate the Father for volunteers working alongside us. Bring the youth attending the Youth Centre unto the Lord and ask that more girls will attend.
Augustine Fredericks – Coordinator [Veronica]
Boniface Kolee [Sinnah] – Prayer coordinator
- Thank God for committed National Board members. Trust the Father to bless and guide these men and women as they serve alongside us.
- Exalt Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers doing youth evangelism. Ask the Spirit for wisdom for Augustine and Veronica as they lead YFC Liberia.
- We are currently busy with voter’s registration in our country. Start to pray now already for the election in October this year.
- Submit our need for more workers unto God.
- Stand with us in prayer for the necessary resources for the Music and Evangelism Ministry.
Ravoniandro Maharavo Fetra (Ravo) [Lalasoa]
Clement & Sandy Prayer Coordinators
- Glorify the Father for the registration of the land we bought 6 years ago. Ask HIM to guide us as we plan our National Camp in September.
- We are thankful for the trees that we could plant at the YFC property. We trust the Lord for enough finances for us to attend the Pioneering Conference and GA.
- Thank God for door He opens for the ministry in Moramanga. Pray that the Spirit will give us guidance so that we can finalise our strategic plans for every centre for 2011.
- Praise the Lord for 17 new kids who joined the Discipleship programme. Submit the Antisirabe school ministry camp in May unto the Father, for His provision and a meaningful time for the children attending.
Dalitso Matekenya [Neneni]
Collins Machira – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise God for a few willing and committed volunteers serving faithfully in YFC Malawi. Pray for these volunteers as they are doing ministry and also ask for enough finances to do effective youth ministry.
- Glorify our Father for some committed National Board members. Ask the Spirit for guidance for the Board regarding staff matters and for more members to be added.
- Thank Jesus that we are still able to reach youth with our limited resources. Intercede for spiritual growth for the young people we’ve been able to reach recently.
- Honour the Lord that the literacy classes on Wednesday are going well. Entrust the start of a new class in Mkoko unto Jesus.
Jean Pierre Dabou [Adeline]
Emmanuel Dao – Prayer Coordinator
- Bring Jean Pierre & Adeline to the Lord for wisdom and pray for guidance for the way forward in ministry.
- Glorify Jesus for 5 young leaders who are committed to reach youth in Mali. Intercede for Mali YFC – for more full time staff, volunteers and resources.
- Praise the Lord for the freedom to evangelise anywhere even though Christians are a minority group. We have a huge unemployment rate among youth, please pray.
Cyril Palan [Monique]
Monique & Vicky Prayer Coordinators
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Seychelles successfully.
- Pray for the empowerment process for Kinsley Mashoule to take the lead of YFC Mauritius in the near future.
- Honour God for our National Board members. Trust Him for more commitment and for new members to be added.
- Glorify the Father for the Youth in Action volunteers. Intercede for them in their preparation of a full programme for 2011 with an outreach programme and new initiatives in terms of ministry.
- Thank the Lord for the investment staff and volunteers have made the past few years in YFC Mauritius. Ask Him for qualified instructors, commitment from students and the programme for 2011 for the Saturday Music Course.
Albert Guambe – Acting National Director
Carlos Pedro Cumbane – Prayer Coordinator
- We are grateful for help from Heli-mission/Mercy Air to deliver food and school supplies to flooded low-lying plain areas. Stand with us in prayer for the salvation of the youth of Mozambique that God’s love will set them free from all bondage.
- Appreciate God for His protection and good health of staff and volunteers. Pray for the protection of all YFC properties and equipment.
- Glorify the Lord for prayer, financial and other support for YFC Moz. Intercede for spiritual growth of members of the Community Bible Study groups.
- Praise our Father for some committed and willing National Board members. Trust Him to guide Board members, staff and volunteer as they reach young people.
Stanley Beukes [Desiree]
- Thank God for some prayer teams. Trust HIM for more people to join the prayer teams to intercede for our ministry.
- Honour the Father for many open doors in schools. Pray that we will make use of these opportunities to share Jesus.
- Glorify Jesus for fruitful school leadership trainings that went well. Ask the Spirit to help them to apply what they’ve learned and to make a difference in their schools.
- Continue to praise our Creator for good rain all over the country. Intercede for Stanley for much wisdom as he leads the organisation.
Moussa Hamani Ali [Hadiza]
- Praise Jesus for Benin’s willingness to re-pioneer Niger. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Praise the Lord for 5 National Board of Trustees members. Intercede for them for wisdom and guidance as they serve alongside us.
- Appreciate the Father for volunteers and staff doing youth ministry. Ask HIM to guide them in such a way that even more youth in Niger will be reached.
- Trust Jesus for young leaders to be developed for ministry in YFC.
Bukola Coast Ufeli – National Director
Raymond Lamai [Naomi] – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Cameroon successfully.
- Honour God for a successful year of ministry last year. Trust our Provider for resources – human, material and financial.
- We are grateful for active and committed Board members on National and State level. Intercede for these men and women as they devote their time to serve alongside us.
- Thank God for good outreaches to the youth of our nation. Ask the Father for stability and prosperity in our nation.
- Appreciate Jesus committed staff and volunteers serving in YFC Nigeria. Bring the construction of the Training Centre in Aaye to God.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Rolf Wiechardt [Liz]
Blessing Mpofu – Prayer coordinator
- Glorify God for newly appointed provincial and centre board members. Trust HIM for guidance and wisdom as they work alongside us.
- Praise Jesus for a good fundraiser for Options Knysna. Entrust our need for new premises for Options unto our Provider.
- Honour the Father that Team Training started well. Intercede for these team members to grow spiritually, that they will benefit from the training and for many open doors for them once they start to work all over the country.
- We are grateful for a successful Families Matter Programme. Ask the Spirit to allow the families that need to be impacted to connect.
- Pray that the Hope Option Centre in Calitzdorp will provide a community based service by offering counselling services and general support related to unplanned pregnancy, HIV/AIDS, rape and other abuse victims.
- Praise Jesus for The Regional Office’s willingness to pioneer Reunion. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Contact person: Dickson Azie
Sephora & Debra Prayer Coordinators
- Pray for wisdom for the staff who want to help students who have failed in a nearby school.
- We are grateful for all the volunteers serving with YFC Rodrigues. Trust our Provider for enough finances for ministry; for staff support, a vehicle and a permanent place for an office, also enough money to enable Azie to attend the Pioneering Conference and GA later this year.
- Thank Jesus for willing people serving as Board members. Intercede for them to stay committed and also for additional members.
- We are grateful for the very fruitful evangelistic outreach last month. Commit all the youth whom we have reached so far this year unto the Lord for spiritual growth.
Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Burundi would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- We glorify God for His provision and faithfulness. Trust the Lord for enough funds and resources to do our ministry.
- Praise the Lord that the Grade 6 students did very well in their National exams. We need guidance as we recruit leaders for the 2011 programme.
- Honour the Father for committed teachers at the Kigali Christian School [KCS]. Entrust the YFC family unto God for good health and security in their lives.
- Stand with us in prayer for the completion of the water tanks and the building at the school of Leadership and Discipleship.
- Praise the Lord for the Gambia’s willingness to re-pioneer Senegal. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Praise Jesus for our 3 young leaders reaching youth. Pray for more full time staff and volunteers.
- We are grateful for some National Board members. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to more people who can serve as Board members and who will be committed to the ministry of YFC.
- Trust our Father for enough finances and resources to do effective ministry.
- Praise Jesus for Mauritius’ willingness to pioneer Seychelles. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Abu S. Conteh [Janet]
Favour Conteh – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate God for faithful staff and volunteers serving with YFCSL. Trust our Provider for ministry expansion to the East, West, North and South of Sierra Leone.
- Thank Jesus for His faithfulness to us in ministry. Pray for spiritual empowerment for all staff and volunteers.
- Honour the Father for an effective Operation Hannah prayer ministry. Intercede for these women to be even more committed in praying for the youth of our nation.
- Glorify God for the students who are enrolled at our Hair Dressing Vocational School. Ask HIM for more hair design students and for more clients for them.
- Glorify the Father for the good elections we had. Pray for wisdom for the political leaders.
- Praise Jesus for Uganda’s willingness to pioneer Sudan. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
Intern National Director: Bongani Dlamini [Khumbuh]
- Praise God for some willing volunteers. Ask Him for more volunteers and full time workers and for the necessary funds to run the ministry well.
- Thank Jesus for a successful Church Leaders Stakeholder Breakfast meeting last month. Trust HIM for clear direction and guidance as our ministry plan is rolled out.
- Glorify the Father for a few committed National Board members. Please continue to pray for more members to be added and commitment for all of them.
- We are grateful for the office space that we could use up to now. Urgently pray that we will get other offices, we are left with 1 month to vacate current premises.
TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR
Ministry coordinator: Pascal Nyulahe [Esther]
- Praise Jesus for YFC Kenya’s financial input in YFC Tanzania/Zanzibar. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Glorify the Father for His faithfulness until now. Trust our Provider for everything needed to do effective ministry – laptop, modem, data projector and a photocopier.
- We are grateful for a few committed National Board members. Ask the Lord to guide and lead these Brethren as they give leadership.
- Thank God for all ministry opportunities. Intercede for wisdom for Pascal for all the administration and implementation of the National Programme.
- Stand with us in prayer for full time staff to join so that a thriving ministry can take place in Mwanza, Kigoma and Zanzibar.
- Praise Jesus for Ghana’s willingness to pioneer Togo. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Pray for new leaders for YFC in Togo.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to the right people who can serve as Board members.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Sudan successfully.
- Glorify God that we could reach out to 456 youth of whom 190 chose Christ as their Saviour and 242 committed themselves to abstain from sex until marriage. Trust God that the missions to schools in Eastern Uganda 2nd and 3rd week in March will be fruitful.
- We are grateful that the Bible study and Life Skills classes are fruitful in Suubi Home. Entrust the growth of the new office in Gulu unto God.
- Honour the Faithful One that we could care for 19 pregnant teens of whom 2 gave birth to healthy babies. Pray for normal deliveries for the girls in our care.
- Appreciate the King of kings for the effective ministry of the New Generation 21 team. Intercede for continued peace and stability as we are going through more elections.
Prayer Coordinator: John Kaniki [Florence]
- Praise the Lord for committed people serving as National Board members. Intercede for them for wisdom and also ask for new members to be added.
- Honour God for a few faithful volunteers. Bring the upcoming visit of EJ in May unto God.
- We are grateful to the Lord for His provision. Ask HIM for more full time staff members, especially a person who can serve as ND.
- Glorify the Father for the Stemmets ministry in Mpulungu. Pray that their work permits will be granted quickly, also provision for their long-term accommodation.
- Glorify Jesus for that we are able to care for 90 children in the Sandra Jones Children’s Village [SJCV]. Trust HIM for the success of the ‘One in a Million’ campaign to fundraise to buy a suitable property that can host the SJCV and the National Office, also for enough funds to cover ministry costs.
- Appreciate our Father for faithful staff and volunteers working in YFC Zimbabwe under difficult circumstances. Pray for good health to all the children we are working with.
- Honour the Lord for Sharky Masuka’s willingness to step in as the next ND from April. Bring him and his family to the Throne of Grace, wisdom and provision for them.
- Ask God for guidance for the political leaders so that we will have lasting stability in Zimbabwe.
Thank you for faithfully praying with us. We appreciate your involvement very much. Through your prayers you are an effective worker in His harvest field.
Greetings in Christ,
Koekoes van As
Africa prayer coordinator
‘Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.’ John Cotton Dana