PRAY AFRICA PRAY
P.O. Box 14880
Phone: [254-20] 4448675
Fax: [254-20] 4440825
E-mail: [email protected]
Facebook – Pray Africa Pray
“Men always need to pray and not lose heart.” Luke 18:1
YFCI AFRICA OFFICE
Area Director [AD]: Hilary Lewis-Nichol [Melrose]
• Praise the Lord for Hilary’s willingness to serve as AD. Bring him and Melrose to the Throne of Grace and pray for wisdom for Hilary as he leads YFC Africa.
• Entrust the relocation of the Area Office to Accra Ghana to the Father especially the shipping of stuff and new staff to serve in this office.
• We are grateful for the way the Lord is providing for ministry in Africa. Please trust HIM with us for enough funds and resources to do effective ministry on this continent.
• Thank the Father for committed people serving in YFC all over Africa. Pray for God’s leading and direction as we look for a Liason Director to help us develop a better support base.
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Central African Republic successfully.
AFRICA LEADERSHIP TEAM [ALT]
Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, David Kadalie, E.J. van As, Josue Akowanou & Koekoes van As
• Thank the Lord for willing members on the ALT. Ask Him for good health for all of them.
• Honour the Father for safe travels and for keeping their loved ones safe in their absence. Trust God to provide finances enabling them to attend ALT meetings and to visit the nations in their regions, also for safe travels.
• Glorify the Father for enabling Thomas to serve for many years in YFC. Bring him and his family before God.
• Intercede for the ALT for wisdom and guidance in all they must do, especially to implement assignments from the last meeting.
• Pray that these men and woman will have a deep relationship with the Lord and will live a life of obedience to HIM alone.
• Pray for God’s leading and direction as we look for a suitable person to take over the Training Department.
WEST AFRICA ANGLOPHONE REGION
West Africa Director: Hilary Lewis-Nichol [Melrose]
Prayer coordinator: Bremansu Osa-Andrews
• Praise the Lord for a fruitful time Hilary had in the USA recently. Intercede for guidance to do effective pioneering into Togo, Senegal and Cameroon.
• Thank God for the work of YFC in the West Africa Region. Ask Him to guide Hilary in his position as RD.
• Glorify Jesus for His goodness towards the Lewis-Nichol family. Pray for the National Leaders that they find practical ways of raising funds to do ministry.
EAST AFRICA REGION
East Africa Director: Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
• Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance for Jean Baptiste as he serves on the International Board of Trustees.
• Intercede for wisdom for JB to ensure that YFC ministry in DRC and Tanzania is established.
• Pray that he will be able to help the national programmes to grow in skills and methodologies of youth evangelism and discipleship (good leadership, good governance and management of ministries, wider areas of youth outreach and good discipleship programmes).
• Trust our Father for an USA visa for JB.
Francophone Director: Josue Akowanou [Prisca]
• Trust Jesus for strength, health, spiritual growth and financial provision for the Akowanou family.
• Ask God for peace in Niger, Togo and Cote d’Ivoire and pray for protection for ND’s, their staff and families.
• Submit the need for more open doors for YFC ministry in all the Francophone countries unto the Almighty One.
• Pray that the Father will guide Josue to be a role model and have a good relationship with the Boards and ND’s.
SOUTHERN REGION [SR]
Southern Region Director: E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Prayer Coordinator: Koekoes van As
• Glorify Jesus that EJ’s time in the Johannesburg office was fruitful when he went there last month. Pray that the Spirit will guide him in his daily tasks.
• Praise God for His faithfulness in providing for the SR office. Trust HIM for a full time secretary in the SR office, also for funds to serve the countries well.
• Appreciate the Everlasting King for committed people serving in the Region. Stand with us in prayer for the ministry of YFC to flourish in all 10 the nations.
• Honour the Father for lovely ministry opportunities all-over Southern Africa. Submit our plans for this year unto God and pray that all staff will make a difference wherever they serve.
EAST INDIAN OCEAN ISLAND REGION
Island Nations Director: David Kadalie [Denise]
• Praise God for David’s successful trip to Ethiopia. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Reunion successfully.
• We are grateful for prayer and financial supporters, for both personal and ministry. Pray that He will keep on providing everything the Kadalie’s need.
• Glorify Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving HIM on the islands. Trust HIM for good health, wisdom and strength for David & Denise.
• Appreciate the Father for a willing person who will cover the cost of printing David’s second book. Intercede for David, as he is the Conference Coordinator for the upcoming Pioneering Conference.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2011
• We are grateful for the opportunity to gather on a regular basis with the worldwide family. Trust our Provider for the necessary funds to enable everyone to attend this very important conference.
• Pray that the registration process will function well and that there will be clear communication to all the nations.
• Ask the Spirit to give guidance and wisdom to all the organisers of GA.
• Praise Jesus for His provision towards GA. Submit everything needed into the Lord’s care.
Operation Pioneer is an extensive pioneering effort by Youth for Christ Africa to pioneer 10 countries in the next 5 years and have them ready for chartering with YFC International after 2 years.
• Pray that an effective YFC ministry will be started in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, Zanzibar and Togo. Ask our Father to raise nationals up in these countries to spearhead the ministry.
• Ask God for wisdom for the countries or offices that are going to twin up with these 10 nations to develop a ministry. [Nigeria – Cameroon, Area Office – Central African Republic, Ghana – Togo, Regional Island Office – Reunion, Kenya – Tanzania and Zanzibar, Rwanda & Burundi – DR Congo, Uganda – Sudan, Madagascar – Comoros and Mauritius – Seychelles.] Pray that God will place a burden in the hearts of potential Pioneers/Missionaries who will commit themselves to serving in these nations.
• We are grateful for funding that already came in for this project. Trust our Provider for more funds to execute pioneering in all 10 countries, trust Him that all the nations in Africa would be able to contribute towards this project. Submit also the logistical resources needed unto our Lord.
• Stand against every force of darkness withstanding the Pioneering Initiative and intercede for peace and stability in each of these nations.
• Honour the Father for the progress made with organising the Pioneer Conference; speakers who confirmed, venue, website registered, etc. Submit the organising of this huge event from 8-14 April 2011 into the Father’s hands, the right messages from the Spirit to the speakers, also trust HIM for enough finances and that all the delegates would be able to attend – especially the granting of visa for those who need it.
PROJECT SERVE [PS] TEAMS TO AFRICA
• Entrust the development of YFC Canada’s World outreach department to God for wisdom & discernment to make effective long term plans.
• Ask the Spirit for guidance for the leaders of PS Canada, as they want to help even more in Africa, especially sending international volunteers.
• Please pray for YFC Southwestern Ontario PS as they begin to put together a team to serve in Botswana in July 2011, pray that God will bring together the right people and provide the resources to expand His Kingdom.
• Stand in prayer with PS leaders in the USA & Canada for guidance regarding sending out international teams to Africa.
Graciano Viliengue [Elisabeth]
Carlos Monteiro – Prayer Coordinator
• Thank God for a committed National Board. Intercede for them for wisdom in their daily tasks.
• Admire the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Submit the need for office rent and staff salaries unto our Father.
• We are grateful for the opportunities we have currently to bring the Gospel to lost young people. Trust the Lord for effective school projects this year.
• Glorify Jesus for fruitful ministry of YFC in the Bie province. Ask God to provide a way out for us to put up a Training Centre.
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Niger successfully.
• Honour the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Pray for them as they reach the youth of our nation.
• Appreciate the Lord for good ministry in schools. Trust HIM for much needed staff support and finances to cover ministry costs.
• We are grateful for a few committed Board members. Intercede for them as they serve alongside us
• Praise the Lord for the piece of land that we have. Ask our Provider to help us to develop this land into a training centre.
E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Koekoes van As – Prayer Coordinator
• Praise the Lord for committed staff, volunteers and National Board members. Pray that the Spirit will guide them in their daily tasks, especially a deep relationship with HIM.
• We are grateful for the faithfulness of our Father and His protection upon us. Ask God for continuous protection upon the YFC properties, buildings, staff homes and vehicles and safe travels for all of us.
• Thank God that we now have a decent office in the capital city. Trust HIM for more nationals to come full time with us, also a national director, office manager, ‘handy man’, financial administrator and a Setswana speaking teacher at the Tapologo Day Care Centre.
• Honour our King that we can reach youth at the Drop In Centre, Kids Clubs, Abstinence clubs and at the Day Care Centre. Submit these youngsters unto Jesus so that they will grow spiritually.
Paul Kabore [Celestine]
• Pray that Paul and his team will be able to make YFC an instrument that transforms the young people of their nation into the image of JESUS CHRIST.
• Thank God that the radio station YFC is involved with is reaching many. Trust the Spirit to speak into the hearts of young listeners to change their ways.
• We are grateful for 7 board members. Ask our Father for funding to complete and renovate our buildings.
• We are grateful for the smooth running of the primary education institution. Intercede for Paul, his family, staff, board members and volunteers, for physical and spiritual well-being.
Freddy Tuyizere [Marie-Josee]
Frederique – Prayer Coordinator
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Rwanda would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
• Thank the Lord for the ongoing construction at the Vocational Training Centre. Trust the Father for the outstanding funds to complete this centre.
• Glorify God for a new piece of land received to plant rice. Intercede for the possible partnership with Colorado Commission for African Empowerment.
• Praise Jesus for every donor of Burundi YFC. Stand with us in prayer for much needed staff support.
• Praise Jesus for Nigeria’s willingness to pioneer Cameroon. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
• Admire God for the opportunity we have to start working in Cameroon. Ask our Father for wisdom for ongoing ministry.
• Trust the Lord to send people to work in this harvest field.
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC [CAR]
• Praise Jesus for the Area Office’s willingness to pioneer CAR. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
• Ask the Father to send people to come and serve with YFC in this country.
• Trust Jesus for committed people to serve on the National Board.
David Kadalie, East Indian Ocean Islands Regional Director
• Praise Jesus for Madagascar’s willingness to pioneer Comoros. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
• The youth of this small nation need our love and care. Ask for wisdom and knowledge for the people who are involve with this island, for their safety and all that is needed to interact with youth.
• Honour the Father that Nirina’s trip to the Comoros was fruitful. Intercede for him for guidance as he pioneers the island.
COTE D’IVOIRE [IVORY COAST]
Alcide Gogo [Colette] Prayer Coordinator
• Thank Jesus for faithful staff and some volunteers working in YFC. Pray that the ministry to youth in schools and in the literacy classes will bear much fruit.
• Ask our Provider for enough funds for ministry, also personal support for staff and volunteers.
• Submit the monthly youth club to God for salvation and spiritual growth.
• Trust the Father for peace and stability after post-election violence broke out, also pray for wisdom for political leaders.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
Roger Vangu [Therese]
• Praise Jesus for Burundi & Rwanda’s willingness to re-pioneer DRC. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
• We are grateful for the opportunities in some churches and other organisations. Trust the Spirit to help us to strengthen partnerships with local churches.
• Praise the Lord for His presence in our ministry. Intercede for Roger as he does his daily tasks, asking for wisdom and for open doors for ministry.
• Glorify God for providing a new YFC centre in Addis Ababa. Trust our Provider for more funds, as we expanded our outreach to 5 more places in Addis.
• Praise the Lord His encouragement to staff and volunteers through Bible study and prayer times. Ask the Spirit to guide staff and volunteers to seek, aim at and passionately strive after God’s kingdom.
• Thank the King of kings for provision of partners and finances to sustain the ministry through the different fundraising initiatives. Pray for guidance for the Board members, staff and volunteers, as they work on the strategic 5-year plan.
• We are grateful for Fanaye Woldesemayat from New York who is heading up the children’s ministry. Submit our need for more volunteers in the educational support programme unto God.
• Honour the Father for the 2 teams from the USA who joined us in the Vacation Bible School. Bring the young people of Ethiopia before the Throne of Grace for justice and righteousness to reign.
Seal Sylvester Jammeh
Therese Jarjam – Prayer Coordinator
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Senegal successfully.
• The schools ministry are growing, praise the Lord for that. Ask Him for more committed volunteers to help us on a weekly basis.
• We continue to thank Jesus for His support through our donors. Trust Him that the Day Care and Nursery Projects will be successful.
• Intercede for the young people in our community clubs to do God’s will for their lives.
• Pray that we will have much wisdom to take the ministry further in our country.
Patrick Yin Mahama
Bremansu Osa-Andrews – Prayer Coordinator
• Praise the Almighty One for how far He has brought the ministry in Ghana. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Togo successfully.
• Thank God for all the open doors we have to proclaim the Good News. Pray that we will have new ideas to reach the youth of our nation effectively.
• Admire Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving Him all over Ghana. Trust HIM to supply all our needs for ministry, especially some office space for the National Office.
• We are grateful that we can give ongoing computer training to Junior High School students. Intercede for the pioneering process of a new YFC centre in Brong Ahafo Region.
Jose Augusto Bedeslei [Eugenia]– National Coordinator
Emily Atkins [Jason] – Prayer coordinator
• Thank Jesus for all the great work He is doing with the prison ministries. Intercede for the prisoners to be strong in the Lord.
• We are grateful for the Father’s provision. Trust the Spirit to continue to lead and empower staff and volunteers as they seek to share the gospel with every person in the country.
• Exalt God for a Youth Centre from where we can minister to the youth of our nation. Ask HIM for guidance, as this centre needs a solar power system.
Reuben Tamba Komba – National Coordinator
Mathias Teepa Bumie – Prayer Coordinator
• Appreciate the Prince of peace for some level of peace in our country. Pray for total peace and stability.
• We are grateful to God for faithfully providing for YFC Guinea over the past month. Pray for our pursuit of government registration. We are hopeful that the permit will be given before the end of the first quarter of 2011.
• Exalt the Lord for faithful Board members. Intercede for us, as we are in the process of restructuring the board.
• Admire the Father for His mighty hand of guidance and provision for each volunteer staff member. Submit our various plans of actions before the Father asking for His guidance and provision.
Grace Ojiambo [Fred]
• Honour the Father for a fruitful concert in Kibera – 7 967 youth were reached; 3 678 chose Christ as their Saviour and 5 792 chose abstinence as a lifestyle. Pray for all the youth who’ve been reached this year so that they will grow spiritually.
• Thank Jesus for the life-changing ministry being done at the Rehab Centre. Trust God for everything needed to do our ministry well.
• Glorify God for Muthendu who finished his National exam recently. Stand with us in prayer all staff and children at the Taraja Home.
• We are thankful that the Operation Hannah Prayer Movement is going well. Pray that these women will be faithful in their calling to bring young people in front of the Throne of Grace.
• Praise the Lord for a successful fundraising dinner end of last year. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Tanzania/ Zanzibar successfully.
Gert van den Bos – National Director
Delrine Pritiviraj – Prayer coordinator
• Glorify God for the 3-Story Evangelism material received. Pray that we will be able to use it effectively in reaching out to the youth of Lesotho.
• Submit the leadership of YFC Lesotho into the hands of God, wisdom for Gert and the Board members, also more Board members and a national to take over from Gert.
• Thank our Master for His faithfulness. Trust Jesus for a solution to the water situation in Maseru – many water pumps were damaged after recent rains.
• Appreciate the Father for volunteers working alongside us. Bring the Youth Centre Drama Group unto the Lord for commitment and growth.
Augustine Fredericks – Coordinator [Veronica]
Boniface Kolee [Sinnah] – Prayer coordinator
• Thank God for committed National Board members. Trust the Father to bless and guide these men and women as they serve alongside us.
• Exalt Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers doing youth evangelism. Ask the Spirit for wisdom for Augustine and Veronica as they lead YFC Liberia.
• We are currently busy with voter’s registration in our country. Start to pray now already for the election in October this year.
• Submit our need for more workers unto God.
• Stand with us in prayer for the necessary resources for the Music and Evangelism Ministry.
Ravoniandro Maharavo Fetra (Ravo) [Lalasoa]
Clement & Sandy Prayer Coordinators
• Glorify the Father for the seven young leaders who completed the 2-year Emerging Young Leader’s process. Ask HIM to guide them in their daily ministry tasks.
• We are thankful for the setting up of 3 committees within the National Board that will work on fundraising, board development and administration. We trust the Lord for more people to join in.
• Thank God for the continued growth and commitment of the YFC ministry in Moramanga. Intercede for the school ministry team to be strengthened, that this ministry will bear fruit and that God will touch the kids.
• Praise the Lord for committed staff and volunteers working in YFC Madagascar. Intercede for Mirana who wants to pioneer YFC in Ambositra; pray that she will find the right venue for ministry and that God will prepare the way, also for the right volunteers to assist her and for her radio ministry in Ambositra.
Dalitso Matekenya [Neneni]
Collins Machira – Prayer Coordinator
• Praise God for a few willing staff and volunteers serving faithfully in YFC Malawi. Urgently pray for enough funds to sustain our ministry and ourselves and for much needed office space and transportation.
• Glorify our Father for some committed National Board members. Ask the Spirit for wisdom for Dalitso, the Board and volunteers as they do their daily tasks.
• Thank Jesus that we are still able to reach youth with our limited resources. Intercede for spiritual growth for the young people we’ve been able to reach recently.
• Entrust our need for more full time staff, volunteers and Board members unto Jesus.
Jean Pierre Dabou [Adeline]
Emmanuel Dao – Prayer Coordinator
• Bring Jean Pierre & Adeline to the Lord for wisdom and pray for guidance for the way forward in ministry.
• Glorify Jesus for 5 young leaders who are committed to reach youth in Mali. Intercede for Mali YFC – for more full time staff, volunteers and resources.
• Praise the Lord for the freedom to evangelise anywhere even though Christians are a minority group. We have a huge unemployment rate among youth, please pray.
Cyril Palan [Monique]
Monique & Vicky Prayer Coordinators
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Seychelles successfully.
• Pray for the empowerment process for Kinsley Mashoule to take the lead of YFC Mauritius in the near future.
• Honour God for our National Board members. Trust Him for more commitment and for new members to be added.
• Glorify the Father for the Youth in Action volunteers. Intercede for them in their preparation of a full programme for 2011 with an outreach programme and new initiatives in terms of ministry.
• Thank the Lord for the investment staff and volunteers have made the past few years in YFC Mauritius. Ask Him for qualified instructors, commitment from students and the programme for 2011 for the Saturday Music Course.
Albert Guambe – Acting National Director
Carlos Pedro Cumbane – Prayer Coordinator
• We are grateful for faithful staff and volunteers. Stand with us in prayer for enough finances to run the ministry well – office rent, staff salaries, etc.
• Appreciate God for His protection and good health of staff and volunteers. Pray that the robberies at Bethel will stop; recently we had the 8th one!
• Glorify the Lord for His provision for YFC Moz. Intercede for much fruit in the Operation Daniel prayer movement.
• Praise our Father for some committed and willing National Board members. Trust Him to guide Beto and the Board members, as they lead YFC Mozambique.
Stanley Beukes [Desiree]
• Thank God for a good time of prayer and fasting last month. We need to renew our school letters to work in the schools, trust God for a smooth process.
• Honour the Father for His love, faithfulness and provision in all areas of our lives. Pray that staff, volunteers and board members will focus on Christ and keep their eyes on Him alone.
• Glorify Jesus for a good year of ministry in 2010. Ask our Provider for much needed office equipment and vehicles.
• Praise our Creator for good rain all over the country and enough food for the animals. Intercede for people who were hit hard with flooding.
Moussa Hamani Ali [Hadiza]
• Praise Jesus for Benin’s willingness to re-pioneer Niger. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
• Praise the Lord for 5 National Board of Trustees members. Intercede for them for wisdom and guidance as they serve alongside us.
• Appreciate the Father for volunteers and staff doing youth ministry. Ask HIM to guide them in such a way that even more youth in Niger will be reached.
• Trust Jesus for young leaders to be developed for ministry in YFC.
Bukola Coast Ufeli – National Director
Raymond Lamai [Naomi] – Prayer Coordinator
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Cameroon successfully.
• Honour God for a succesful year of ministry last year. Trust our Provider for resources – human, material and financial.
• We are grateful for active and committed Board members on National and State level. Intercede for these men and women as they devote their time to serve alongside us.
• Thank God for good outreaches to the youth of our nation. Ask the Father for stability and prosperity in our nation.
• Appreciate Jesus committed staff and volunteers serving in YFC Nigeria. Bring the construction of the Training Centre in Aaye to God.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Rolf Wiechardt [Liz]
Blessing Mpofu – Prayer coordinator
• Glorify God for committed staff, volunteers and board members serving in YFCSA. Trust HIM for guidance and wisdom as they do their daily tasks.
• Praise Jesus for timely funding for YFC Knysna and Options and 3 new recruits working with us. Entrust the upcoming Student Prayer Day unto our Saviour.
• Honour the Father for donations from businesses and other donors for the work of the Hope Options Centre in Calitzdorp. Intercede for clients, volunteers and management of this Centre.
• We are grateful for a successful Youth Week early last month. Ask the Spirit to speak to all who attended about their commitments and for spiritual growth.
• Praise Jesus for The Regional Office’s willingness to pioneer Reunion. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Contact person: Dickson Azie
Sephora & Debra Prayer Coordinators
• Glorify God for the lovely work the staff did while Dickson was in Botswana last year. Pray for wisdom for Dickson and the staff in order for them to reach their ministry goals for this year.
• We are grateful for all the volunteers serving with YFC Rodrigues. Trust our Provider for enough finances for ministry; for staff support, a vehicle and a permannet place for an office.
• Thank Jesus for willing people serving as Board members. Intercede for them to stay committed and also for additional members.
• We are grateful for the very fruitful evangelistic outreach last month. Commit all the youth whom we have reached so far this year unto the Lord for spiritual growth.
Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Burundi would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
• We glorify God for His provision and faithfulness. Trust the Lord for enough funds and resources to do our ministry.
• Praise the Lord that the Grade 6 students did very well in their National exams. We need guidance as we recruit leaders for the 2011 programme.
• Honour the Father for committed teachers at the Kigali Christian School [KCS]. Entrust the YFC family unto God for good health and security in their lives.
• We were blessed by how the Lord worked during the robber last month. Stand with us in prayer for the completion of the water tanks and the building at the school of Leadership and Discipleship.
• Praise the Lord for the Gambia’s willingness to re-pioneer Senegal. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
• Praise Jesus for our 3 young leaders reaching youth. Pray for more full time staff and volunteers.
• We are grateful for some National Board members. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to more people who can serve as Board members and who will be committed to the ministry of YFC.
• Trust our Father for enough finances and resources to do effective ministry.
• Praise Jesus for Mauritius’ willingness to pioneer Seychelles. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Abu S. Conteh [Janet]
Favour Conteh – Prayer Coordinator
• Appreciate God for faithful staff and volunteers serving with YFCSL. Trust our Provider for a facility where we can help the street kids we are working with and that we will be able to meet their physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs.
• Thank Jesus for His faithfulness to us in ministry. Pray tha He will enable us to accommodate and provide for our upcoming crusade and for our guests from the States.
• Honour the Father for an effective Operation Hannah prayer ministry. Intercede for the hairdesign students who are finishing now with us and pray for 25 new committed ones.
• Glorify God that Abu is willing to serve as ND. Pray for him for wisdom and guidance in his daily tasks.
• Praise Jesus for Uganda’s willingness to pioneer Sudan. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
Intern National Director: Bongani Dlamini [Khumbuh]
• Praise God for 2010, a successful year of re-establishment. Ask Him for more full time workers and volunteers in the harvest field in Swaziland.
• Thank Jesus for His provision. Trust HIM for clear direction and guidance as our ministry plan is rolled out.
• Glorify the Father for a few committed National Board members. Please continue to pray for more members to be added and commitment for all of them.
• Bring the upcoming Stakeholder meeting, 11-12 February in front of the Throne of Grace.
TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR
Ministry coordinator: Pascal Nyulahe [Esther]
• Praise Jesus for YFC Kenya’s financial input in YFC Tanzania/Zanzibar. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
• Glorify the Father for His faithfulness until now. Trust our Provider for everything needed to do effective ministry – laptop, modem, data projector and a photocopier.
• We are grateful for a few committed National Board members. Ask the Lord to guide and lead these Brethren as they give leadership.
• Thank God for all ministry opportunities. Intercede for wisdom for Pascal for all the administration and implementation of the National Programme.
• Stand with us in prayer for full time staff to join so that a thriving ministry can take place in Mwanza, Kigoma and Zanzibar.
• Praise Jesus for Ghana’s willingness to pioneer Togo. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
• Pray for new leaders for YFC in Togo.
• Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to the right people who can serve as Board members.
• Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Sudan successfully.
• Glorify God that we could reach out to 160 youth in Kampala and 6 new volunteers were recruited and trained. Trust the Spirit to remind every person about what they’ve heard and guide the volunteers in their ministry.
• We are grateful for opening an office in Gulu. Entrust this office unto God for growth and prosperity.
• Honour the Faithful One that we could care for 86 pregnant teens of whom 6 gave birth and we counseled 38 clients. Pray for enough finances for our two building projects.
• Appreciate the King of kings for a successful Starfish Reunion. Intercede for peace and stability as we are going for presidential and parliamentary elections.
Prayer Coordinator: John Kaniki [Florence]
• Praise the Lord for committed people serving as National Board members. Intercede for them for wisdom and also ask for new members to be added.
• Honour God for a few faithful volunteers. Submit the prayer week 1-7 January unto God.
• We are grateful to the Lord for His provision. Ask HIM for more full time staff members, especially a person who can serve as ND.
• Glorify the Father for Michael and Cynthia’s safe travels from the RSA to Zambia. Pray for the establishment of an YFC Options Centre in Mpulungu – local board members and people to be trained as councilors.
• Glorify Jesus for that we are able to care for 75 children in the Sandra Jones Children’s Village [SJCV]. Trust HIM for the success of the ‘One in a Million’ campaign to fundraise to buy a suitable property that can host the SJCV and the National Office.
• Appreciate our Father for faithful staff and volunteers working in YFC Zimbabwe under difficult circumstances. Pray for wisdom for Debbie, the staff and the National Board in their daily tasks.
• Honour the Lord for generous supporters. Bring the YFC Bulawayo youth that is being reached and discipled through various ministries to the Throne of Grace, also provision for these ministries.
• Ask God for guidance for the political leaders so that we will have lasting stability in Zimbabwe.
Thank you for faithfully praying with us. We appreciate your involvement very much. Through your prayers you are an effective worker in His harvest field.
Greetings in Christ,
Koekoes van As
Africa prayer coordinator
Mobile phone no: +267 71459378
‘The life of prayer is just to love God, and the custom of being ever with Him.’