Here are a few things that we can be grateful for:
- Thank you for praying for the Africa Leadership meetings, it was a fruitful time.
- The Pioneer Conference was a huge success, the Lord spoke to all of us and most of us are safely back at our places of ministry.
- You prayed for the elections in Nigeria and it went fairly well, they are still busy counting all the votes. Please let us pray that all will accept the outcome without any violence.
PRAY AFRICA PRAY
Facebook – Pray Africa Pray
“May the glory of the Lord endure forever.” Psalm 104:31
YOUTH FOR CHRIST AFRICA OFFICE
Area Director [AD]: Hilary Lewis-Nichol [Melrose]
- Praise the Lord for good World Leadership meetings in Denver for Hilary. Pray for wisdom for him, as he leads Youth for Christ Africa.
- Glorify God for meeting the needs to relocate the Area office to Ghana. Entrust our need for full time staff to the Father.
- We are grateful for the way the Lord is providing for ministry in Africa. Trust HIM for enough funds and resources to do effective ministry.
- Thank the Father for committed people serving in Youth for Christ all over Africa. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Central African Republic successfully.
AFRICA LEADERSHIP TEAM [ALT]
Hilary Lewis-Nichol, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, David Kadalie, EJ van As, Josue Akowanou & Koekoes van As
- Thank the Lord for willing members on the ALT. Ask Him for good health for all of them.
- Honour the Father for safe travels and for keeping their loved ones safe in their absence. Trust God to provide finances enabling them to attend ALT meetings and to visit the nations in their regions, also for safe travels.
- Intercede for the ALT for guidance, especially wisdom during the ALT meetings 4 – 7 April.
- Pray that these men and woman will have a deep relationship with the Lord and will live a life of obedience to HIM alone.
- Pray for God’s leading and direction as we look for a suitable person to take over the Training Department.
WEST AFRICA ANGLOPHONE REGION
West Africa Director: Hilary Lewis-Nichol [Melrose]
Prayer coordinator: Bremansu Osa-Andrews
- Intercede for guidance to do effective pioneering into Togo, Senegal and Cameroon.
- Thank God for the work of Youth for Christ in the West Africa Region. Ask Him to guide Hilary in his position as Regional Director [RD].
- Glorify Jesus that the Lewis-Nichol family settled in well in Ghana. Pray that their work and residence permits will be granted soon.
EAST AFRICA REGION
East Africa Director: Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Praise the Lord for allowing JB to get a visa for 3 months to the USA. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance for Jean Baptiste as he serves on the International Board of Trustees.
- Honour the Father for a profitable time for JB in the USA recently. Intercede for wisdom for him to ensure that YFC ministry in DRC and Tanzania is established.
- Pray that he will be able to help the national prgrams to grow in skills and methodologies of youth evangelism and discipleship (good leadership, good governance and management of ministries, wider areas of youth outreach and good discipleship prgrams).
Francophone Director: Josue Akowanou [Prisca]
- Trust Jesus for strength, health, spiritual growth and financial provision for the Akowanou family.
- Ask God for peace in Niger, Togo and Cote d’Ivoire and pray for protection for ND’s, their staff and families.
- Submit the need for more open doors for Youth for Christ ministry in all the Francophone countries unto the Almighty One.
- Bring the planned Francophone Conference later this year to the Father.
SOUTHERN REGION [SR]
Southern Region Director: E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Prayer Coordinator: Koekoes van As
- Honour the Father for lovely ministry opportunities all-over Southern Africa. Intercede for wisdom for EJ & Koekoes, as they attend the ALT meetings 4 – 7 April.
- Glorify Jesus for all the preparations done for the upcoming Pioneer Conference. Pray that this Conference will have a huge impact in the ministry of Youth for Christ Africa.
- Praise God for His faithfulness in providing for the SR office. Trust HIM for a full time secretary in the SR office, also for funds to serve the countries well.
- Appreciate the Everlasting King for committed people serving in the Region. Stand with us in prayer for the ministry of Youth for Christ to flourish in all 10 the nations.
EAST INDIAN OCEAN ISLAND REGION
Island Nations Director: David Kadalie [Denise]
- Praise God for David’s successful trip to Ethiopia. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Reunion successfully.
- We are grateful for prayer and financial supporters, for both personal and ministry. Pray that He will keep on providing everything the Kadalie’s need.
- Glorify Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving HIM on the islands. Trust HIM for good health, wisdom and strength for David & Denise.
- Appreciate the Father for a willing person who will cover the cost of printing David’s second book. Intercede for David, as he is the Conference Coordinator for the Pioneering Conference.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY [GA] 2011
- We are grateful for the opportunity to gather during GA as a worldwide family. Trust our Provider for the necessary funds to enable everyone to attend this very important conference.
- Pray that the registration process will function well and that there will be clear communication to all the nations.
- Ask the Spirit to give guidance and wisdom to all the organisers of GA and give the speakers His messages.
- Praise Jesus for His provision towards GA. Submit everything needed into the Lord’s care.
Operation Pioneer is an extensive pioneering effort by Youth for Christ Africa to pioneer 10 countries in the next 5 years and have them ready for chartering with Youth for Christ International after 2 years.
- Pray that an effective Youth for Christ ministry will be started in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, Zanzibar and Togo. Ask our Father to raise nationals up in these countries to spearhead the ministry.
- Ask God for wisdom for the countries or offices that are going to twin up with these 10 nations to develop a ministry. [Nigeria – Cameroon, Area Office – Central African Republic, Ghana – Togo, Regional Island Office – Reunion, Kenya – Tanzania and Zanzibar, Rwanda & Burundi – DR Congo, Uganda – Sudan, Madagascar – Comoros and Mauritius – Seychelles.] Pray that God will place a burden in the hearts of potential Pioneers/Missionaries who will commit themselves to serving in these nations.
- We are grateful for funding that already came in for this project. Trust our Provider for more funds to execute pioneering in all 10 countries, trust Him that all the nations in Africa would be able to contribute towards this project. Submit also the logistical resources needed unto our Lord.
- Stand against every force of darkness withstanding the Pioneering Initiative and intercede for peace and stability all these nations.
- Honour the Father for His provision for the Pioneer Conference 8-14 April 2011; speakers who confirmed, venue, etc. Submit the last final detail of this huge event into the Father’s hands, the right messages from the Spirit to the speakers and from the speakers to the audience, also trust HIM for more finances and that all the delegates would be able to get visa to come into South Africa and safe travels for all. Please also pray for good health for all while at the conference and that each and every one will implement what they’ve learned at this conference.
PROJECT SERVE [PS] TEAMS TO AFRICA
- Ask the Spirit for guidance for the leaders of PS Canada, as they want to help even more in Africa, especially sending international volunteers.
- Please pray for YFC Southwestern Ontario PS as they begin to put together a team to serve in Botswana in July 2011, pray that God will bring together the right people and provide the resources to expand His Kingdom.
- Stand in prayer with PS leaders in the USA & Canada for guidance regarding sending out teams to Africa.
- Entrust the PS team to Ghana into the hands of our Father.
Graciano Viliengue [Elisabeth]
Carlos Monteiro – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God that some of our volunteers got admission to college for further education. Intercede for our National Board to be fully functional.
- Admire the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Submit our material and financial needs unto our Father.
- We are grateful for the opportunities we have currently to bring the Gospel to lost young people. Trust the Lord for good working relations with the local churches and also good cooperation with the parents of our volunteers.
- Glorify Jesus for meeting the financial needs regarding the National Office. Ask God to give wisdom to all for the upcoming Pastors meeting.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Niger successfully.
- Honour the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Pray for them as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Appreciate the Lord for good ministry in schools. Trust HIM for much needed staff support and finances to cover ministry costs.
- We are grateful for a few committed Board members. Intercede for them as they serve alongside us
- Praise the Lord for the piece of land that we have. Ask our Provider to help us to develop this land into a training centre.
E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Koekoes van As – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise the Lord for committed staff, volunteers and National Board members. Pray that the Spirit will guide them in their daily tasks, especially a deep relationship with HIM.
- We are grateful for the faithfulness of our Father and His protection upon us. Ask God for continuous protection upon the Youth for Christ properties, buildings, staff homes and vehicles and safe travels for all of us.
- Thank God for all the opportunities we had during March, the Month of Youth Against HIV/AIDS in Botswana. Trust HIM for more nationals to come full time with us, also a national director, office manager, ‘handy man’, financial administrator and a Setswana speaking teacher at the Tapologo Day Care Centre.
- Honour our King that we could reach a lot of youth during the holiday prgrams of the recent school holidays. Submit these youngsters unto Jesus so that they will grow spiritually.
Paul Kabore [Celestine]
- Pray that Paul and his team will be able to make Youth for Christ an instrument that transforms the young people of their nation into the image of JESUS CHRIST.
- Thank God that the radio station Youth for Christ is involved with is reaching many. Trust the Spirit to speak into the hearts of young listeners to change their ways.
- We are grateful for 7 board members. Ask our Father for funding to complete and renovate our buildings.
- We are grateful for the smooth running of the primary education institution. Intercede for Paul, his family, staff, board members and volunteers, for physical and spiritual well-being.
Freddy Tuyizere [Marie-Josee]
Frederique – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Rwanda would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- Thank the Lord for new children in our care. Trust the Father for Claude’s body will respond to medication and that he will be in good health soon.
- Glorify God for good visits from St Michaels Church and Steven from GLO. Intercede for us for wisdom regarding building a secondary school in Karera.
- Praise Jesus for successful completion of the 2010 Young Leaders prgram. Pray that these young leaders will make a positive impact on our nation’s youth.
- Honour the Lord for His provision. Entrust the funding to complete construction on Noah’s house unto the Lord.
- Praise Jesus for Nigeria’s willingness to pioneer Cameroon. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Admire God for the opportunity we have to start working in Cameroon. Ask our Father for wisdom for ongoing ministry.
- Trust the Lord to send people to work in this harvest field.
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC [CAR]
- Praise Jesus for the Area Office’s willingness to pioneer CAR. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Ask the Father to send people to come and serve with Youth for Christ in this country.
- Trust Jesus for committed people to serve on the National Board.
David Kadalie, East Indian Ocean Islands Regional Director
- Praise Jesus for Madagascar’s willingness to pioneer Comoros. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- The youth of this small nation need our love and care. Ask for wisdom and knowledge for the people who are involve with this island, for their safety and all that is needed to interact with youth.
- Honour the Father that Nirina’s trip to the Comoros was fruitful. Intercede for him for guidance as he pioneers the island.
COTE D’IVOIRE [IVORY COAST]
Alcide Gogo [Colette] Prayer Coordinator
- Thank Jesus for faithful staff and some volunteers working in Youth for Christ. Pray that the ministry to youth in schools and in the literacy classes will bear much fruit.
- Ask our Provider for enough funds for ministry, also personal support for staff and volunteers.
- Submit the monthly youth club to God for salvation and spiritual growth.
- Trust the Father for peace and stability, also pray for wisdom for political leaders.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
Roger Vangu [Therese]
- Praise Jesus for Burundi & Rwanda’s willingness to re-pioneer DRC. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- We are grateful for the opportunities in some churches and other organisations. Trust the Spirit to help us to strengthen partnerships with local churches.
- Praise the Lord for His presence in our ministry. Intercede for Roger as he does his daily tasks, asking for wisdom and for open doors for ministry.
- Pray for enough funds to run the ministry smoothly.
- Ask God for more volunteers and full time staff members
- Praise the Lord for His encouragement to staff and volunteers through Bible study and prayer times. Ask the Spirit to guide Youth for Christ-E staff and volunteers, as they pioneer in Debre Ziet, Dessie, Duckem and Debre Berhan.
- Thank the King of kings for provision of partners and finances to sustain the ministry through the different fundraising initiatives. Pray for guidance for the Board members, staff and volunteers, as they implement their day-to-day responsibilities.
- We are grateful for the work Fanaye Woldesemayat from New York did in the children’s ministry. Submit our need for a replacement person for her unto God.
- Honour the Father for fruitful visits from visitors from all over the world. Bring the young people of Ethiopia before the Throne of Grace for justice and righteousness to reign.
Seal Sylvester Jammeh
Therese Jarjam – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Senegal successfully.
- The schools ministry are growing, praise the Lord for that. Ask Him for more committed volunteers to help us on a weekly basis.
- We continue to thank Jesus for His support through our donors. Trust Him that the Sewing Centre will be successful.
- We are grateful that the Operation Hannah prayer movement is doing well. Intercede for the prisoners that we are working with to grow spiritually.
- Thank the Father for the opportunity to do street evangelism regularly. Submit every person who made a commitment to Jesus for maturity.
Patrick Yin Mahama
Bremansu Osa-Andrews – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise the Almighty One for how far He has brought the ministry in Ghana. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Togo successfully.
- Thank God for a well-attended AGM on the 19th of March. Pray that all issues arising will be duly dealt with and handled accordingly.
- Admire Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving Him all over Ghana. Trust HIM to prepare the Project Serve team who will come and visit us later this year.
- We are grateful that we can give ongoing computer training to Junior High School students. Intercede for the very young Youth for Christ centre in Brong Ahafo Region, wisdom for leaders, etc.
Jose Augusto Bedeslei [Eugenia]– National Coordinator
Emily Atkins [Jason] – Prayer coordinator
- We are grateful for good ‘Children for Christ’ outreaches. Ask the Father for safe travel for Jose, as he attends the Pioneering conference in South Africa.
- Exalt God for a Youth Centre from where we can minister to youth. Pray for the construction of the House of Prayer – that the building would glorify God, safety of the workers and that the construction would be finished before the rains start.
- Praise the Lord for the 12 students in the discipleship school. Trust Jesus to fill them with His Spirit and prepare them to head back to their villages in a few weeks.
- Praise the Lord for the successful end of another semester in our language school and pray that we would continue to see people saved through our classes.
Reuben Tamba Komba – National Coordinator
Mathias Teepa Bumie – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate the Prince of peace for some level of peace in our country. Ask for a peaceful resolution of the current tension between the government and the business sector.
- We are grateful to God for speeding up the government registration process, it is in the final stages now. Pray that we would be able to obtain this registration.
- Exalt the Lord for the various ministries in schools, churches and communities. Intercede for guidance for the leaders of the choreography, prayer and musical teams, as well as the youth club.
- Admire the Father for an open door to reach youth every week in one of the Senior Secondary Schools comprising of Christian and Muslim kids. Trust Jesus that many will come to know Him.
Grace Ojiambo [Fred]
- Honour the Father for the new G-21 team in Kibera. Pray for volunteers who will do school ministry here.
- Thank Jesus for the 11 girls in the Rehab Centre prgram. Trust God for dedicated volunteers to work in this centre.
- Glorify God for the new coordinator for the CPMK ministry. Stand with us in prayer for new clients and for favour in Riruta area.
- We are thankful for new volunteers in the Nakuru office. Pray that the fundraising concert planned for later this year will be successful.
- Praise the Lord for faithful Board members and committee members. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Tanzania/ Zanzibar successfully.
Gert van den Bos – National Director
Delrine Pritiviraj – Prayer coordinator
- Glorify God for a lovely country like Lesotho where we can share the Gospel to youth. Pray that we will make a positive impact on the lives of many young people.
- We are grateful for every opportunity we have to present the Gospel to youth. Submit the leadership of Youth for Christ Lesotho into the hands of God, wisdom for Gert and the Board members, more members to be added and a national to take over from Gert.
- Thank our Master for His faithfulness. Trust Jesus for enough finances to cover all ministry costs.
- Appreciate the Father for volunteers working alongside us. Bring the youth attending the Youth Centre unto the Lord and ask that more girls will attend.
Augustine Fredericks – Coordinator [Veronica]
Boniface Kolee [Sinnah] – Prayer coordinator
- Thank God for committed National Board members. Trust the Father to bless and guide these men and women as they serve alongside us.
- Exalt Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers doing youth evangelism. Ask the Spirit for guidance for the students in the SPLASH prgram also for the girls in the DAWN prgram.
- Praise the Lord for the fruitful work in the prisons. Submit the Music & Drama evangelistic prgrams unto God.
- We are currently busy with voter’s registration in our country. Start to pray now already for the election in October this year.
Ravoniandro Maharavo Fetra (Ravo) [Lalasoa]
Clement & Sandy Prayer Coordinators
- Glorify the Father for the registration of the land we bought 6 years ago. Ask HIM to guide us as we plan our National Camp in September.
- We are thankful for the trees that we could plant at the Youth for Christ property. We trust the Lord for enough finances for us to attend the Pioneering Conference and GA.
- Thank God for door He opens for the ministry in Moramanga. Pray that the Spirit will give us guidance so that we can finalise our strategic plans for every centre for 2011.
- Praise the Lord for 17 new kids who joined the Discipleship prgram. Submit the Antisirabe school ministry camp in May unto the Father, for His provision and a meaningful time for the children attending.
Dalitso Matekenya [Neneni]
Collins Machira – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise God for a few willing and committed volunteers serving faithfully in Youth for Christ Malawi. Pray for these volunteers as they are doing ministry and also ask for enough finances to do effective youth ministry.
- Glorify our Father for some committed National Board members. Ask the Spirit for guidance for the Board regarding staff matters and for more members to be added.
- Thank Jesus that we are still able to reach youth with our limited resources. Intercede for spiritual growth for the young people we’ve been able to reach recently.
- Honour the Lord that the literacy classes on Wednesday are going well. Entrust the start of a new class in Mkoko unto Jesus.
Jean Pierre Dabou [Adeline]
Emmanuel Dao – Prayer Coordinator
- Bring Jean Pierre & Adeline to the Lord for wisdom and pray for guidance for the way forward in ministry.
- Glorify Jesus for 5 young leaders who are committed to reach youth in Mali. Intercede for Mali Youth for Christ – for more full time staff, volunteers and resources.
- Praise the Lord for the freedom to evangelise anywhere even though Christians are a minority group. We have a huge unemployment rate among youth, please pray.
Cyril Palan [Monique]
Monique & Vicky Prayer Coordinators
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Seychelles successfully.
- Pray for the empowerment process for Kinsley Mashoule to take the lead of YFC Mauritius in the near future.
- Honour God for our National Board members. Trust Him for more commitment and for new members to be added.
- Glorify the Father for the Youth in Action volunteers. Intercede for them in their preparation of a full prgram for 2011 with an outreach prgram and new initiatives in terms of ministry.
- Thank the Lord for the investment staff and volunteers have made the past few years in Youth for Christ Mauritius. Ask Him for qualified instructors, commitment from students and the prgram for 2011 for the Saturday Music Course.
Albert Guambe – Acting National Director
Carlos Pedro Cumbane – Prayer Coordinator
- We are grateful that Les Harper’s health is restored. Stand with us in prayer for favour with the Director of the Dept of Education for openings in schools and material needed.
- Appreciate God for His protection and good health of staff and volunteers. Pray for the protection of all Youth for Christ properties and equipment.
- Glorify the Lord for prayer, financial and other support for Youth for Christ Moz. Intercede for the salvation of the youth of Mozambique that God’s love will set them free from all bondage.
- Praise our Father for some committed and willing National Board members. Trust Him to guide Board members, staff and volunteer as they reach young people.
Stanley Beukes [Desiree]
- Honour the Lord for another fruitful month. Pray that He will strengthen our staff, to keep doing the good work.
- We have trained over 500 school prefects from January – March, ask Jesus to help them to be committed leaders at their schools.
- Praise the Father for young people studying His word, intercede for them to be faithful in sending back the Follow-Up Indepth Bible studies.
- Thank God for His provision of camps at Hodygos training centre. Trust HIM that more institutions and church groups will make use of the facilities especially during the week.
Moussa Hamani Ali [Hadiza]
- Praise Jesus for Benin’s willingness to re-pioneer Niger. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Praise the Lord for 5 National Board of Trustees members. Intercede for them for wisdom and guidance as they serve alongside us.
- Appreciate the Father for volunteers and staff doing youth ministry. Ask HIM to guide them in such a way that even more youth in Niger will be reached.
- Trust Jesus for young leaders to be developed for ministry in Youth for Christ.
Bukola Coast Ufeli – National Director
Raymond Lamai [Naomi] – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Cameroon successfully.
- Honour God for His provision to Youth for Christ Nigeria. Submit the National Leadership Team meeting last week of this month unto Jesus for direction and unity.
- We are grateful for active and committed Board members on National and State level. Intercede for these men and women as they devote their time to serve alongside us.
- Thank God for fruitful football outreach recently. Ask the Lord for effective Leadership seminars to 150 young people at Lafia.
- Nigeria is going to the voting poles later this month. Trust the Father for stability before, during and after, also for honesty during the whole process.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Rolf Wiechardt [Liz]
Blessing Mpofu – Prayer coordinator
- A tragic freak accident happened at Cyara training centre when a 17-year-old boy drowned. Please intercede for Thabo’s parents, his friends and the staff at Cyara.
- Praise Jesus for a successful audit of Youth for Christ Knysna by the Dept of Social Development. Pray that this Department will favourably consider our proposal.
- Honour the Father for fruitful Team Training. Intercede for team members to grow spiritually, that they will benefit from the training and for many open doors for them once they start to work all over the country.
- We are grateful for a successful Families Matter Programme. Ask the Spirit to allow the families that need to be impacted to connect.
- Thank our Provider for His provision for the Hope Option Centre in Calitzdorp. Pray for favour with the schools, clinic and churches in Calitzdorp, as we start our new prgram.
- Praise Jesus for The Regional Office’s willingness to pioneer Reunion. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Contact person: Dickson Azie
Sephora & Debra Prayer Coordinators
- Pray for wisdom for the staff that wants to help students who have failed in a nearby school.
- We are grateful for all the volunteers serving with Youth for Christ Rodrigues. Trust our Provider for enough finances for ministry; for staff support, a vehicle and a permanent place for an office, also enough money to enable Azie to attend the Pioneering Conference and GA later this year.
- Thank Jesus for willing people serving as Board members. Intercede for them to stay committed and also for additional members.
- We are grateful for the very fruitful evangelistic outreach last month. Commit all the youth whom we have reached so far this year unto the Lord for spiritual growth.
Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Burundi would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- We glorify God for His provision and faithfulness. Trust the Lord for enough funds and resources to do our ministry.
- Praise the Lord that the Grade 6 students did very well in their National exams. Pray for us, as we need guidance to recruit leaders for the 2011 prgram.
- Honour the Father for committed teachers at the Kigali Christian School [KCS]. Entrust the Youth for Christ family unto God for good health and security in their lives.
- We are thankful for willing staff members and volunteers working in Youth for ChristR. Stand with us in prayer for the completion of the water tanks and the building at the school of Leadership and Discipleship.
- Praise the Lord for the Gambia’s willingness to re-pioneer Senegal. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Praise Jesus for our 3 young leaders reaching youth. Pray for more full time staff and volunteers.
- We are grateful for some National Board members. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to more people who can serve as Board members and who will be committed to the ministry of Youth for Christ.
- Trust our Father for enough finances and resources to do effective ministry.
- Praise Jesus for Mauritius’ willingness to pioneer Seychelles. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Abu S. Conteh [Janet]
Favour Conteh – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate God for guidance and counselling with the street kids of Freetown and those in detention at Approved school and Remand home. Trust our Provider for ministry expansion to the East, West, North and South of Sierra Leone.
- Thank Jesus for the opportunity to trace families of youth detained due to gang violence and for the willingness of those parents to accept their children back. Pray for spiritual empowerment for all staff and volunteers.
- Honour the Father for the 52 young people currently being discipled at Bo Commercial secondary School. Intercede for these young people to be strong ambassadors for Christ in their school.
- Glorify God for the release of one inmate at the Bo prison who encountered Christ and is now part of the local church. Ask HIM for more hairdesign students and for more clients for them at the Vocational School.
- Glorify the Father for the good elections we had. Pray for wisdom for the political leaders and a spirit of cooperation among the citizens.
- Praise Jesus for Uganda’s willingness to pioneer Sudan. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
National Director: Bongani Dlamini [Khumbuh]
Khumbuh Dlamini – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise God for some willing volunteers. Ask Him for more volunteers and full time workers and for the necessary funds to run the ministry well.
- Thank Jesus for a successful Church Leaders Stakeholder Breakfast meeting last month. Trust HIM for clear direction and guidance as our ministry plan is rolled out.
- Glorify the Father for a few committed National Board members. Please continue to pray for more Board members to be added and commitment for all of them.
- We are grateful for the office space that we could use up to now. Urgently pray with us that we will get other offices, we are left with a few weeks to vacate current premises.
TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR
Ministry coordinator: Pascal Nyulahe [Esther]
- Praise Jesus for Youth for Christ Kenya’s financial input in Youth for Christ Tanzania/Zanzibar. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Glorify the Father for His faithfulness until now. Trust our Provider for everything needed to do effective ministry – laptop, modem, data projector and a photocopier.
- We are grateful for a few committed National Board members. Ask the Lord to guide and lead these Brethren as they give leadership.
- Thank God for all ministry opportunities. Intercede for favour as we need to register with the government of Zanzibar.
- Stand with us in prayer for full time staff to join so that a thriving ministry can take place in Mwanza, Kigoma and Zanzibar.
- Praise Jesus for Ghana’s willingness to pioneer Togo. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Pray for new leaders for Youth for Christ in Togo.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to the right people who can serve as Board members.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Sudan successfully.
- Glorify God that we could reach out to 9 642 youth of whom 3 955 chose Christ as their Saviour and 2 531 committed themselves to abstain from sex until marriage. Trust God that the Operation Hannah Mission in Eastern Uganda will be fruitful.
- We are grateful that 27 students of the Starfish prgram are doing well. Entrust Miriam and Philip’s trip to South Africa unto God.
- Honour the Faithful One that we could care for 21 pregnant teens of whom 4 gave birth to healthy babies. Pray for normal deliveries for the girls in our care.
- Appreciate the King of kings for lovely visits by 2 sets of visitors. Ask Jesus for growth of the ministry partnership base.
Prayer Coordinator: John Kaniki [Florence]
- Praise the Lord for committed people serving as National Board members. Intercede for them for wisdom and also ask for new members to be added.
- Honour God for a few faithful volunteers. Bring the upcoming visit of EJ in May unto God.
- We are grateful to the Lord for His provision. Ask HIM for more full time staff members, especially a person who can serve as ND.
- Glorify the Father for the Stemmets ministry in Mpulungu. Pray that their work permits will be granted quickly, also provision for their long-term accommodation.
- Glorify Jesus for that we are able to care for 90 children in the Sandra Jones Children’s Village [SJCV]. Trust HIM for the success of the ‘One in a Million’ campaign to fundraise to buy a suitable property that can host the SJCV and the National Office, also for enough funds to cover ministry costs.
- Appreciate our Father for faithful staff and volunteers working in Youth for Christ Zimbabwe under difficult circumstances. Pray for good health to all the children we are working with.
- Honour the Lord for Sharky Masuka’s willingness to step in as the next ND from this month. Bring him and his family to the Throne of Grace, wisdom and provision for them.
- Ask God for guidance for the political leaders so that we will have lasting stability in Zimbabwe.
Thank you for faithfully praying with us. We appreciate your involvement very much. Through your prayers you are an effective worker in His harvest field.
Greetings in Christ,
Koekoes van As
Africa prayer coordinator
‘To have more, desire less’ Martin Luther