PRAY AFRICA PRAY
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purposes.”
YFCI AFRICA OFFICE
Area Director [AD]: Hilary Lewis-Nicol [Melrose]
- Thank God for committed people serving in YFC in Africa. Ask Him for the salvation and effective discipleship of youth across the continent.
- We are grateful for the way the Lord is providing for ministry in Africa. Trust HIM for enough funds and resources to do effective ministry.
- Glorify the Creator for many young people on this continent and the many open doors we have to communicate the Good News with them. Pray for wisdom for Hilary, as he leads YFC Africa.
- Entrust our need for full time administration staff in the Area office to the Father.
AFRICA LEADERSHIP TEAM [ALT]
Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, David Kadalie, EJ van As, Josue Akowanou, Koekoes van As & Anne Musya-Ngwiri
- Thank the Lord for willing members on the ALT. Ask Him for good health and that they will have a deep relationship with Jesus and will live a life of obedience to HIM alone.
- Honour the Father for safe travels and for keeping their family safe in their absence. Continue to present the safety of their loved ones unto God.
- Trust our Provider for finances enabling them to attend ALT meetings and to visit the nations in their regions, also for safe travels.
- Intercede for the ALT for guidance, especially wisdom to implement all that was decided during the last ALT meetings.
TRAINING DEPARTMENT & EAST INDIAN OCEAN ISLAND REGION
Training & Island Nations Director: David Kadalie [Denise]
- Glorify God for everything we received to have a very successful Christmas event. Intercede for wisdom for him as he handles the training department as well as his regional work
- Praise the Lord for all the laptops that arrived intact from the USA to Madagascar. Trust the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Reunion, Seychelles and Comoros/Mayotte successfully also for enough funds and resources to do our ministry well.
- We are grateful for David’s book: ‘As a leader thinks’ that is now an e-book. Pray that the Islands Region handing over process will go smooth as David is giving over to Ravo later this month.
- Honour Jesus for another good trip for N. to the Comoros and for the provision for this trip. Submit David’s role in organising the G-21 Competence Development Conference later this year unto our Heavenly Father.
WEST AFRICA ANGLOPHONE REGION
West Africa Director: Hilary Lewis-Nicol [Melrose]
Prayer coordinator: Bremansu Osa-Andrews
- Intercede for guidance to do effective pioneering into Togo, Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon.
- Thank God for the work of YFC in the West Africa Region. Ask Him to guide Hilary as Regional Director [RD], especially a person to take over from him.
- Exalt Jesus for collective partnerships in the region. Trust our Provider for everything Hilary and his family need especially transport for ministry purposes.
EAST AFRICA REGION
East Africa Director: Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Appreciate the Holy One for strong ministry across the East Africa Region. Trust Him for improvement in the areas that need it.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance for him as he serves on the International Board.
- Praise the Lord that Marina’s medical check ups is still good. Pray for spiritual and physical protection for the Mgarura family; pray especially for JB’s health to be 100%.
Francophone Director: Josue Akowanou [Prisca]
- Honour Jesus that our internet problems were solved. Trust HIM for strength, health, spiritual growth and financial provision for the Akowanou family.
- Ask God for a safe travel and a good time for me in Togo next month.
- Submit the need for more open doors for YFC ministry in all the Francophone countries unto the Almighty One and ask for wisdom for Josue as he interacts with the individual countries.
SOUTHERN REGION [SR]
Southern Region Director: E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Prayer Coordinator: Desiree Beukes [Stanley]
- Honour the Father for lovely ministry opportunities in Southern Africa. Submit the need for volunteers and fulltime staff members in all nations.
- Thank God for a good time in Zimbabwe and currently South Africa. Pray and trust God for travel mercies on EJ, as he starts to travel from nation to nation.
- Praise God for His faithfulness in providing for the SR office. Trust HIM for a full time secretary in the SR office.
- Glorify the Everlasting King for committed people serving in the Region. Pray that the ministry of YFC will flourish in all 10 nations.
- Pray for EJ and each National Director for wisdom, guidance and understanding as they lead the region and nations.
YOUNG LEADERS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Anne Musya-Ngwiri [Gilbert]
- Intercede for Anne in her role as Young Leaders Area Coordinator, for wisdom and guidance on this new journey.
- Pray that this 2 year program to develop young leaders will bear much fruit.
- Ask Jesus to empower the new graduates so that they will stay committed and multiply themselves.
- Trust our Father for African Young Leaders coordinators in all the countries YFC is working in.
Operation Pioneer is an extensive pioneering effort by Youth for Christ Africa to pioneer 10 countries in the
next 5 years and have them ready for chartering with
YFC International after two years.
- Pray that effective YFC ministry will start in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros & Mayotte, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Reunion, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania/Zanzibar and Togo. Ask our Father to raise nationals up to spearhead the ministry.
- Ask God for wisdom for the countries or offices that are going to twin up with these 10 nations to develop a ministry. [Guinea Conakry – Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria – Cameroon, Benin – Central African Republic, Ghana – Togo, Reunion – Reunion, Kenya – Tanzania/Zanzibar, Rwanda & Burundi – DR Congo, Uganda – Southern Sudan, Madagascar – Comoros/Mayotte and Island Region Office – Seychelles.]
- We are grateful for funding that came in for this project. Trust our Provider for more funds to execute pioneering in all 10 countries; trust Him that the nations in Africa would be able to contribute towards this project. Submit also the logistical resources needed unto our Lord.
- Stand against every force of darkness withstanding the Pioneering Initiative and intercede for peace and stability in these nations.
PROJECT SERVE [PS] TEAMS TO AFRICA
- Ask the Spirit for guidance for the PS Canada leaders regarding sending international volunteers.
- Trust our Father for wisdom for the leaders as they plan for 2012.
Graciano Viliengue [Elisabeth]
Carlos Monteiro – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God for some faithful National Board members. Intercede for them, also pray for new and committed members.
- Admire the Father for His provision so far. Submit our material and financial needs unto Him, especially office rent.
- Praise Jesus for each young person who attended our Youth Camps. Ask the Holy Spirit to remind them about what they’ve heard and their commitments, also pray for us for wisdom as we do follow up.
- Entrust to God the young girls in the SOS Village who received training about sexual purity and who signed the Worth Waiting For Pledge.
- Thank the Almighty One for the opportunity to do ministry in 2012. Trust Him that our ministry plans will bear much fruit.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Central African Republic successfully.
- Honour the Father for faithful staff and volunteers. Pray for them as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Appreciate the Lord for good ministry in schools. Trust HIM for much needed staff support and finances to cover ministry costs.
- We are grateful for a few committed Board members. Intercede for them as they serve alongside us
- Praise the Lord for the piece of land that we have. Ask our Provider to help us to develop this land into a training centre.
E.J. van As [Koekoes]
Koekoes van As – Prayer Coordinator
- We are grateful for the faithfulness of our Father and His protection upon us. Ask God for continuous protection upon the YFC properties, buildings, staff homes and vehicles and safe travels for all of us.
- Thank God for a lovely time rain in our country. Trust the Lord of the harvest for a national director, office manager, ‘handy man’, a financial administrator and a driver for the Day Care’s vehicle.
- Honour our King for a good time of prayer in the beginning of January. Submit our need for more ministry openings unto Jesus.
- Praise the Lord for committed staff, volunteers and National Board members. Pray that the Spirit will guide them in their daily tasks and that they will have a deep meaningful relationship with HIM.
Paul Kabore [Celestine]
- We are grateful for 7 board members. Ask our Father for funding to renovate our buildings.
- Pray that Paul and his team will be able to make YFC an instrument that transforms the young people of their nation into the image of Jesus Christ.
- Thank God that the radio station YFC is involved with is reaching many. Trust the Spirit to speak into the hearts of young listeners to change their ways.
- We are grateful for the smooth running of the primary education institution. Intercede for Paul, his family, staff, board members and volunteers, for physical and spiritual well-being.
Freddy Tuyizere [Marie-Josee]
Frederique – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Rwanda would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- Thank the Father for Builders without Borders who came to help with the construction of Gitega International Academy. Pray that all the new children in Homes of Hope will settle in quickly and feel at home.
- Glorify the King of kings for a lovely visit from Foster Hill and North Point churches in The USA. Stand with us in prayer for enough finances to do our ministry well.
- Honour the Almighty One that we could move into the new office buildings. Trust Jesus to send us a Head Teacher for the Gitega International School.
Contact person: Charles Ngwa
- Praise Jesus for Nigeria’s willingness to pioneer Cameroon. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Admire God for the opportunity we have to start working in Cameroon. Ask our Father for wisdom for ongoing ministry.
- Trust the Lord to send people to work with us.
- Pray for wisdom for the political leaders during the post-election time.
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC [CAR]
- Praise Jesus for Benin’s willingness to pioneer CAR. Entrust the re-pioneering process unto God.
- Ask the Father to send people to come and serve with YFC in this country.
- Trust Jesus for committed people to serve on the National Board.
David Kadalie, East Indian Ocean Islands Regional Director
- Praise Jesus for Madagascar’s willingness to pioneer Comoros. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- The youth of this small nation need our love and care. Ask for wisdom and knowledge for the people who are involved with youth work on this island, for their safety and all their needs.
- Honour the Father for N’s willingness to start with youth work here and for the effective training already done with some young people. Intercede for him, as he plans to visit Comoros for a 45 day ministry outreach.
COTE D’IVOIRE [IVORY COAST]
Alcide Gogo [Colette] Prayer Coordinator
- Exalt the Prince of Peace for establishing a new government. Trust the HIM for continued peace and stability in this country, also pray for wisdom for political leaders.
- Thank Jesus for faithful staff and some volunteers working in YFC under very difficult circumstances. Pray that we will be able to reach out to the youth of our nation.
- Ask our Provider for safety and good health for staff and volunteers, enough funds for ministry, also personal support for all of us.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
Interim National Coordinator: Roger Vangu [Therese]
Celestin Mbungu – Prayer Coordinator
- Honour Jesus for Burundi & Rwanda’s willingness to re-pioneer DRC. Entrust this process into God’s hands.
- Praise the Father for His presence in our ministry. Intercede for wisdom for Rodger in Kinshasa and for Levy in Goma and for a good working relationship with local churches.
- Glorify God for giving a lovely daughter to Rodger and Therese. Ask God for more volunteers and staff members also people who can serve as National Board members.
- We are thankful for the wonderful wedding ceremony for Celestin and his wife. Submit all our ministry needs unto the Lord.
- Praise the Lord for encouraging staff and volunteers through Bible study and prayer times. Ask the Spirit to guide YFC-E staff and volunteers, as they pioneer in Debre Ziet, Dessie, Duckem and Debre Berhan.
- Thank the King of kings for provision of partners and finances to sustain the ministry through fundraising initiatives. Pray for guidance for Board members, staff and volunteers, as they implement their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Honour the Father for fruitful visits from visitors recently. Bring the young people of Ethiopia before the Throne of Grace for justice and righteousness to reign.
- Glorify the Lord for every opportunity we have in spreading the Gospel. Intercede for Alem for a fruitful time in the USA.
Seal Sylvester Jammeh
Therese Jarjam – Prayer Coordinator
- The Adult Literacy Program is doing well, ask the Spirit for guidance as the volunteers share the Good News with these students.
- Thank our Saviour for 40 young people who are regularly attending their Discipleship Group. Trust Him that the Sewing Centre will be successful.
- We are grateful for an effective Operation Hannah prayer movement. Submit our need for more sponsors for the children at the YFC Zoe Christian School unto Jesus.
- Thank the Father for effective ministry in Junior and Senior Secondary Schools. Intercede for the prisoners that we are working with to grow spiritually.
Patrick Yin Mahama
Bremansu Osa-Andrews – Prayer Coordinator
- Praise the Almighty One for how far He has brought the ministry in Ghana. Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Togo successfully.
- Thank God for the effective staff training in Bolgatanga. Pray that everyone will implement what they’ve heard.
- Admire Jesus for faithful staff and volunteers serving all over Ghana. Trust HIM for good office space to host the National Office.
- We are grateful that for good pioneering effort in the Upper East region. Stand with us in prayer for the completion of the Training Centre.
Jose Augusto Bedeslei [Eugenia]– National Coordinator
Emily Atkins [Jason] – Prayer coordinator
- Intercede for our country for political stability after some unrest recently.
- Praise the Lord for the progress that continues to be made on our solar power system and pray for continued safety as Jason is installing the most complicated electrical parts.
- As another semester draws to an end, pray for our students to understand the message of salvation presented to them and to respond.
- Exalt God for the 7 faithful men in our intensive 3 month discipleship school. Pray for their safety and health, and pray that they would see God’s power and experience Him in a new way.
Reuben Tamba Komba – National Coordinator
Mathias Teepa Bumie – Prayer Coordinator
- Continue to ask for a peace and stability in our nation and for wisdom for our political leaders.
- Exalt the Lord for granting us registration with the government and the Evangelical Churches and Missions. Pray that we would be able to pioneer Equatorial Guinea successfully.
- Rejoice with us for the faithfulness of our Father over the past years. Submit our 2012 plans unto God especially the partnering with various youth groups and churches.
- Honor our Father for the initial stage of a feasibility study on pioneering in some regions in our nation. Pray for growth at Alleluia Christian School where we minister every Wednesday to Christians and Muslims.
- Trust our Provider for all we need this year to do effective ministry as well as protection for all staff and volunteers.
Anne Musya-Ngwiri [Gilbert]
Nyambura Kirubi – Prayer Coordinator
- Honour the Father for the birth of Ezzy, Grace’s granddaughter. Ask Jesus that the ongoing transition process will be smooth.
- Thank Jesus for helping us with a successful Fundraising Dinner. Trust God for more volunteers in al the different departments.
- Glorify God for a lovely Staff Retreat that we could have recently. Stand with us in prayer for the strengthening of all aspects of the ministry – Board, committees, trainings, etc.
- Praise the Lord for faithful staff and volunteers working in YFC Kenya. Pray that our fundraising training and -campaign will be effective.
Gert van den Bos – National Director
Delrine Pritiviraj – Prayer coordinator
- Praise God for the progress in the ministry. Pray for all ongoing ministries.
- We are grateful for all the finances that keep coming in. Pray that God will provide an office space.
- We had an awesome time during prayer and fasting, and a lot of young people were invited. Pray for the Super Woman program.
- We are grateful for the young people that went to Youth week. Pray that they will continue to follow Jesus.
- Pray for our upcoming AGM, New Board Members that will join, and more volunteers for the ministry.
Augustine Fredericks – Coordinator [Veronica]
Boniface Kolee [Sinnah] – Prayer coordinator
- Thank God for the successful start of a Bible Study Fellowship prayer program. Trust the Father with us for new committed National Board members.
- Ask HIM for strength for staff and volunteers, as they reach the youth of our nation.
- Praise the Lord for many churches that want to partner with YFC. Intercede for Augustine for wisdom especially with the reshuffling of staff.
- Pray for wisdom for the political leaders during the post-election time.
Ravoniandro Maharavo Fetra (Ravo) [Lalasoa]
Mamy – Prayer Coordinator
- Extol our Provider for His faithful provision and for what we know He still has in store for us. Ask the Father for successful school ministry in Fianarantsoa and in Antanarivo.
- Glorify the Lord for fruitful internship training in Antsirabe at the National Office for the 06 centres. Trust Him for the right people to come on to the boards in Antsirabe, Ambisitra and Fianarantsoa.
- Thank God for the wonderful team God has put together in Madagascar and for the emerging leaders who have been identified in every centre. Submit the implementation of our prayer strategy in all the centres unto God, for His wisdom and guidance.
- Praise the Lord for the ministry done in Ambositra and for the doors that are opening for us. Intercede for Lalaina who is starting in Bakaro to pioneer a ministry.
- We are thankful for the draft strategic plans that were put together in every centre. Pray for God’s guidance, as we finalise and implement our strategic focus for this year,
Contact person & Prayer Coordinator – Collins Machira
- Glorify our Father for some committed National Board members. Ask the Spirit for guidance for the Board regarding staff matters and for more members to be added.
- Praise God for for the open doors we have in doing ministry in our country. Pray that He will send more people to work as full time staff & volunteers.
- Honour the Lord for fruitful ministry at Kwale. Trust Jesus for enough finances and resources to do effective youth ministry.
- Pray that we will keep being excited about our ministry.
Jean Pierre Dabou [Adeline]
Emmanuel Dao – Prayer Coordinator
- Bring Jean Pierre & Adeline to the Lord for wisdom and pray for guidance for the way forward in ministry.
- Glorify Jesus for 5 young leaders who are committed to reach youth. Intercede for Mali YFC – for more full time staff, volunteers and resources.
- Praise the Lord for the freedom to evangelise anywhere even though Christians are a minority group. We have a huge unemployment rate among youth, please pray.
Cyril Palan [Monique]
Monique & Vicky – Prayer Coordinators
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with the regional office would be able to pioneer Seychelles successfully.
- Honour God for a few committed National Board members. Trust Him for committed and visionary new members to be added.
- Glorify the Father for the Youth in Action music team. Intercede for the Dylan and Vicky in their leadership roles.
- Praise the Lord for the completion of the basketball court. Pray for coach Gaetan who helps train the basketball team and putting together a programme for the Inauguration in April.
- Thank Jesus for the investment staff and volunteers made in the past. Ask Him that the AGM later this month will be successful.
Sergio Massinga – Contact person
Carlos Pedro Cumbane – Prayer Coordinator
- Pray for the change in leadership, Beto is now training director and Sergio temporary in leadership.
- Flooding due to rain in Southern Africa and a cyclone in Mozambique caused great damage. Intercede for everyone who are suffering and for wisdom for those who do relief-work
- Trust the Spirit to help us to continue with our ministry despite the floods.
- We are grateful that we can still reach out to people. Intercede for the outreach to Mahuhu, for safe travels, good health and many people to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Stanley Beukes [Desiree]
- Praise God for His protection over our properties during the December holidays. Pray that more groups will make use of the Hodygos campsite.
- We are in the process to start our Short Term Missions Training. Intercede for the young people attending to be change agents.
- Thank the Father for the lovely rain in our nation. Pray that His spiritual rain will continue to fall in our lives.
- Hodygos is in need of a management couple. Ask that Jesus will send the right people.
- A lot of schools and clinics had to close in the north of our country due to floods. Pray that everything will be back to normal soon.
Moussa Hamani Ali [Hadiza]
- Praise the Lord for 5 National Board of Trustees members. Intercede for them for wisdom and guidance as they serve alongside us.
- Appreciate the Father for volunteers and staff doing youth ministry. Ask HIM to guide them in such a way that even more youth in Niger will be reached.
- Trust Jesus for young leaders to be developed for ministry in YFC.
Bukola Coast Ufeli – National Director
Raymond Lamai [Naomi] – Prayer Coordinator
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Cameroon successfully.
- Please intercede for our nation for peace and stability, also wisdom for our government to do what is best for all the citizens
- Honour God for His provision to YFC Nigeria. Pray for enough funds to complete the Training Centre and to equip 10 youth drop in centres.
- Glorify the Father for a fruitful Youth camp at Ubomiri. Trust the Lord of the harvest to send people who can fill key positions in YFC Nigeria.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Rolf Wiechardt [Liz]
Blessing Mpofu – Prayer coordinator
- Thank the Lord for faithful staff, volunteers and board members in YFCSA. Entrust our 2012 ministry plans unto Him.
- Exalt God for every team member added to our ranks. Ask our Provider for safe travels when these teams are on the road.
- Honour the Father for good ministry opportunities. Commit the SA Leadership team to God for wisdom and guidance.
- Praise Jesus for a very fruitful Youth Week at Magaliesburg campsite. Pray that the campers will remember their commitments and will grow spiritually.
Contact person: Jacques Bougault
- Praise Jesus for the Regional Office’s willingness to help with the pioneering in Reunion. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
- Trust the Spirit to guide Jacques and his team as they strategise about starting an YFC ministry in Reunion.
- Submit our plan to use an expo Bible in French to reach the youth of our nation with the Bible message unto Jesus.
National Director: Dickson Azie
Sephora & Debra Prayer Coordinators
- Submit the Regional elections of our country to God, for peace and stability also.
- Praise the Lord for all the books that were donated for the library. Trust our Provider for book shelves and stands for this project.
- We are grateful for all the contacts we could make with young people. Pray that we would be able to register with CSR soon.
- Thank Jesus for willing people serving as Board members. Intercede for them to stay committed and also for additional members.
- We are grateful for the lovely work staff and volunteers are doing in YFC Rodrigues. Commit our team unto the Lord so that they remain united and faithful to reach young people for Christ.
Jean Baptiste Mugarura [Marina]
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we in cooperation with Burundi would be able to pioneer the Democratic Republic of the Congo successfully.
- We glorify God for the successful dedication ceremony of the Training Centre. Trust the Lord for enough funds to do our ministry and for bigger land outside Kigali.
- Praise the Lord that the Grade 7 students of Kigali Christian School [KCS] were among the best ranked in the country for 2011. Pray that we would be able to give daily meals to about 700 students at KCS.
- Honour the Father for committed staff & volunteers serving in YFC R. Intercede for the 38 young people attending the School of Leadership so that they will be change agents in their communities.
- We are thankful that the AAA programme helped many women to cope with their situations and made them self-sustainable. Stand with us in prayer for these women to implement what they’ve learned.
- Praise Jesus for our 3 young leaders reaching youth. Pray for more full time staff and volunteers.
- We are grateful for some National Board members. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to more people who can serve as Board members and who will be committed to the ministry of YFC.
- Trust our Father for enough finances and resources to do effective ministry.
- Praise Jesus for YFC Mauritius’s willingness to pioneer Seychelles. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
Abu S. Conteh [Janet]
Favour Conteh – Prayer Coordinator
- Thank God for good pioneering meetings in Magbokani village. Pray for guidance, as we want to start a full time ministry there.
- Salute Jesus with us for good ministry in schools. Clinics and in the community. Pray for the salvation and spiritual growth of the youth of our nation.
- Appreciate the Almighty One for good partnerships with the AOG church and with Book of Hope organisation. Trust our Provider for enough funds and resources to do or ministry well.
- Ask Jesus to give all staff and volunteers excellent health so that we will be doing His work.
- Glorify the Father for the good elections we had. Pray for wisdom for the political leaders and a spirit of cooperation among the citizens.
- Praise Jesus for Uganda’s willingness to pioneer Southern Sudan. Entrust the pioneering process into God’s hands.
National Director: Bongani Dlamini [Khumbuh]
Khumbuh Dlamini – Prayer Coordinator
- We are thankful for God’s guidance and protection while 11 students from Biola University helped with ministry for 2 weeks and for their safe travels back home. Intercede for these students to apply what our Lord taught them in Swaziland.
- Thank Jesus for the youth who were impacted during the 2 week’s ministry. Pray that they will remember what they’ve heard and will change their ways.
- Praise the Lord that the rain did not do a lot of damage in our nation. Stand with us in prayer for office space.
- Entrust the upcoming outreach and leadership training later this month unto God.
TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR
Ministry coordinator: Pascal Nyulahe [Esther]
- Praise Jesus for YFC Kenya’s financial input in YFC Tanzania. Entrust the pioneering process of Zanzibar into God’s hands, also favour with the government, as we need to register.
- Thank God for good ministry of the soccer team. Intercede for spiritual growth among YFC staff and volunteers.
- Ask the Lord to give us more full time staff and volunteers to serve in YFCT.
- We are grateful that the weekly Youth club is doing well. Trust our Provider for ongoing support and a place to use as an office.
- Appreciate the King of kings for the financial and prayer support that we get. Pray for the reconstruction of the National Board and for recruiting new members.
- Praise Jesus for YFC Ghana’s efforts to pioneer Togo. Entrust the re-pioneering process into God’s hands so that a thriving ministry can start here.
- Glorify the Father for the good meeting with at least 11 churches in Kpalime in December. Pray that the potential staff and volunteers who were recently trained will reach the youth of their nation.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to direct us to the right people who can serve as Board members and ask also for the right people to serve as full time staff.
- Trust God to open doors for us to do effective youth ministry.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom and provision so that we would be able to pioneer Southern Sudan successfully.
- Glorify God that we could reach 190 young people of whom 33 gave their lives to Christ and 29 pledged to abstain from sex until marriage. Entrust all who’ve been reached with the Gospel unto God.
- We are grateful for a very successful Starfish Reunion last month. Trust the Holy Spirit for empowerment so that the YFC-U team will serve satisfactorily.
- Honour the Faithful One for sending volunteers to us for 3 months. Ask HIM to meet all our ministry needs.
- Appreciate the King of kings for 11 pregnant teens in our care who are doing well, 3 gave birth to healthy babies. Pray for more open doors for youth ministry in schools and communities.
Prayer Coordinator: John Kaniki [Florence]
- Praise the Lord for committed people serving as National Board members. Intercede for them for wisdom and ask for new members.
- We are grateful to the Lord for His provision. Ask HIM for more full time staff members, especially a person who can serve as ND.
- Admire the Almighty One for the many ministry openings Mike and Cynthia Stemmet have. Trust the Lord of the harvest for mature Christians who can be trained as councillors to assist them.
- Thank God that we can build relationships with churches in Mpulungu. Pray for the Fire Proof marriage course and for the upcoming youth camp in April.
Susan Masuka – Prayer Coordinator
- Appreciate our Father for a good visit of the Regional Director last month. Pray for the preparations of the Live out Loud worship concert in March.
- Glorify Jesus for faithful staff working under difficult circumstances. Trust the Spirit for favour and guidance with the school outreach ministry teams, Social concerns ministry at Sidojiwe Flats, and school prefect training camps.
- Thank God for the return of campers at the Willowpark campsite. Pray for the renovations taking place.
- We are grateful for committed supporters. Submit all our ministry needs to our Father.
- Thank God for a new baby on the way. Pray for Anne for safe delivery, strength for her and the baby.
Thank you for faithfully praying with us. We appreciate your involvement very much. Through your prayers you are an effective worker in His harvest field.
Greetings in Christ,
Koekoes van As
Africa prayer coordinator
‘Life is like a 10-speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use.’ Charles Schultz